• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameeel

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
To be announced in the next few days.

I have connections on the inside
So does that mean that FTA will have more 'live' games?

Will 10 or 7 get the three games previously allocated to Fox Footy?

cameeel

International Captain
Is there any word on what's going to happen with the footy show?
It'll be interesting to see whether the 7/10 partnership gives Channel 9 permission to use video clips of the football, or if it will revert back to how it used to be when Channel 7 had the rights, with the Footy Show not being able to use any footage.

archie mac

International Coach
cameeel said:
Is there any word on what's going to happen with the footy show?
It'll be interesting to see whether the 7/10 partnership gives Channel 9 permission to use video clips of the football, or if it will revert back to how it used to be when Channel 7 had the rights, with the Footy Show not being able to use any footage.
I imagine it will revert back.

I heard the fellow (can't remember his name) who is in charge of the footy coverage at ch7, say that he was confident that they would strike a deal with Foxtel shortly, and that things would stay pretty much the same. I heard this on 3aw :)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
pasag said:
I got Foxtel just for the footy channel so I am very, very disappointed. I think I might get rid of it now.
The rumour floating around for ages has been that a Fox Sports 3 channel will be established, which will pretty much house AFL in the Winter, and Cricket in the Summer. So I wouldn't be getting rid of it too soon

pasag

RTDAS
Jono said:
Whilst that Fox Sports 3 channel sounds awesome, I like seeing old matches in the off-season. :(
Yeah, thats the best part about it. Any game pre 2000 is bloody interesting.

cameeel

International Captain
archie mac said:
I imagine it will revert back.

I heard the fellow (can't remember his name) who is in charge of the footy coverage at ch7, say that he was confident that they would strike a deal with Foxtel shortly, and that things would stay pretty much the same. I heard this on 3aw :)
The Age doesn't think that it'll stop broadcasting either. Though it does say that Ch 7/10 need Fox Sports far more than Fox needs them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I fail to see how 7 & 10 could fit all the 8 games every week, even if they had many delayed telecasts. Already Fox Footy show 3 a week, Sat arvo & night and Sun arvo. For 7/10 to cover all the games, they'd have to probably have to show one or two with simply only extended highlights at best.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It'll work the way they work the NRL I'm told. 7 and 10 will broadcast the same amount of matches that's allready on FTA TV, and the rest fill be shown on Fox Sports 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.