• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I need a team to support. About 15 years ago, I supported Hawthorn, because of some long-haired guy that played rover. I might stick with Hawthorn - at least I guess I can't be accused of jumping on a successful bandwagon.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Voltman said:
I need a team to support. About 15 years ago, I supported Hawthorn, because of some long-haired guy that played rover. I might stick with Hawthorn - at least I guess I can't be accused of jumping on a successful bandwagon.
John Platten? Legend.

Seriously though, Hawthorn are crap. You'd be well advised to pick someone else.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Voltman said:
I'm a big fan of the underdog. A very big fan. :cool:
Sorry, I didn't mean in terms of skill, I just meant they are crap. Incidentally, Hawthorn won about 5 premierships when John Platten played for them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
joker said:
brisbane must b playin pathetically to lose to a rabble like richmond. i mean they have lost by 100 points 3 times this year
If winning 9 wins makes you a rabble, I'd hate to think what Essendon, Carlton and Hawthorn are. Richmond have played the most players this year, 39, so they're obviously playing plenty of youngsters and had their fair share of injuries. What that involves is large losses, but it also results in these youngsters stepping up and causing upsets eg. Rich vs. Geel, Rich vs. Coll, Rich vs. Ade etc.

Speaking of injuries, are all those injuries to the Doggies finally catching up to them? Games like last night's against Port and a few weeks ago against Kangaroos and Geelong are games they should have slotted in as wins, giving them a chance of top 4. Making it tough for themselves now.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Freo are annoying me lately. They're playing 'too well'.

Surely Adelaide to come back in the second half and win? I mean Freo making top 4 would be unbelievable considering how much crap Connoly was copping earlier in the year.

cameeel

International Captain
The umpiring in the Fremantle - Adelaide game is atrocious, Freo can't buy a free kick, and three of Adelaide's 4 in a row came as a result of some atrocious decisions by the umps.

Free kicks are 19-12 Adelaide's way..

pasag

RTDAS
Haha, no way, Freo to take this out. If they get a home final things are gonna get crazy.

Anyways, Adelaide would rather lose games now than in the finals.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
cameeel said:
The umpiring in the Fremantle - Adelaide game is atrocious, Freo can't buy a free kick, and three of Adelaide's 4 in a row came as a result of some atrocious decisions by the umps.

About time they get some of their own medicine.

Adelaide need 3 goals in 5 minutes to win this game. Tough.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cameeel said:

Towards the end of that 3rd quarter was terrible, hey.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worst part about Freo winning is their song.

Seriously though, Crows won't be too disappointed in that, they have bigger fish to fry.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dermie just asked an interesting queston.

Adelaide, West Coast and Sydney have been seen for a while as the 3 main premiership contenders, with the fouth one always rotating. First it was St Kilda, then Collingwood, then Melbourne. Even the Doggies were seen as a contender. Could Freo be the real one?

The sheer thought of that is scary.

Regarding this match, great performance by Freo. Farmer whipped Johncock, can't believe it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
benchmark00 said:
Seriously though, Crows won't be too disappointed in that, they have bigger fish to fry.
Yeah true. I reckon though that after this loss, it may be the right time to get on the Crows for the flag.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Was a good game of football that. Adelaide totally went missing in the last term, which probably isn't a huge surprise given the training workload and the fact that they were down to two on the bench for the whole second half.

Freo played really well though, and certainly deserved the win. A lot of the key matchups went against us, with Goodwin barely having an impact, and most of the Dockers defenders winning. Edwards, Hentschel and Bode had awesome games, but that's it really.

pasag

RTDAS
Jono said:
How good... is Fev!

Everytime I see him in my DT I just smile :)
Best Carlton forward since Kernahan and if he keeps it up will be the best ever. Is this the first time ever a club has got a Coleman and a wooden spoon in the same year?

Either way Fevola will be captain next year and he deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.