• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test at the MCG, Melbourne, 26 Dec - 30 Dec 2020

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not the worst. Still think Vihari is more useful than Gill but I suppose if they think Rahul is a MO option than an opener then fair enough I guess. But Vihari as the 6th bowler would have been useful at the MCG. We are gonna see big scores, I just hope half of them are from India.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Finally - a test in Melbourne - greatest City in Asia Pacific, Burgey sweetheart's childhood home and Paris of the Far East.
It's a **** hole. Having cafes down back alleys doesn't make you Paris. Only people who have not been to Paris would think Melbourne is anything like it.

Melbourne is Bendigo with high rise. Nothing more. Woeful joint. Worst of all, it's filled with Victorians.

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
pant can't catch or bat
Pant averages north of 38 with the bat and has test hundreds in Australia and England - something no other Indian keeper has achieved. Hell - other than Gilchrist I doubt too many if any Aussie keepers have managed that.

Add to the fact that Australia is probably the easiest country in the world to keep wickets and picking him over a 36 year old Saha is certainly not the crazy decision it is being made out to be.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Pant averages north of 38 with the bat and has test hundreds in Australia and England - something no other Indian keeper has achieved. Hell - other than Gilchrist I doubt too many if any Aussie keepers have managed that.

Add to the fact that Australia is probably the easiest country in the world to keep wickets and picking him over a 36 year old Saha is certainly not the crazy decision it is being made out to be.
By comparison Saha averages 13 from 10 innings in SENA and 23 in 14 innings against Australia. Beyond me why people still want to pick him. I think the difference between Saha and Pant's keeping is not likely to be the difference in a test match in Australia.

cnerd123

likes this
Pants most recent form coming into this Test series was woeful. That's why I didn't want him playing the first Test.

Saha is doing fine. There was one catch he dropped that I expected him to take, but pretty sure Pant wouldn't have taken it either, and his run-out of Wade was nice. Lack of runs is concerning but he's not the only one.

I would give him one more Test

DriveClub

International Regular
Pants most recent form coming into this Test series was woeful. That's why I didn't want him playing the first Test.

Saha is doing fine. There was one catch he dropped that I expected him to take, but pretty sure Pant wouldn't have taken it either, and his run-out of Wade was nice. Lack of runs is concerning but he's not the only one.

I would give him one more Test
You know nothing cnerd123