• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2023-24 Australian domestic cricket season

Qlder

International Debutant
Few bucks > $1 billion > $2.4 billion > ?
$2.7 Billion for what they are calling East Bank because South Bank was so popular.

Extract from Brisbane initial bid

"Officials are planning to host an Olympic Games that’ll break-even – avoiding the mistakes of previous hosts were huge sums of money have been spent building stadiums that end up as white elephants"

Last edited:

Qlder

International Debutant
Mitchell Johnson is at it again and has now said Aussie XI is too old and needs to change this summer. I don't really agree as aside from Warner and maybe Carey all of the incumbents are easily the best players in Aus.

Even if everyone above 32 quit tomorrow there's no need to panic as they could still field the following:

Bancroft
Renshaw
Labuschagne
Green
Head
Hardie
Inglis
J. Richardson
Cummins
Murphy
Morris

Maybe missing a spare pace bowler or two

Kraken

State Captain
will be interesting to see how he is after this knock - the initial reports indicate he's feeling alright, even went back into the nets (didn't say in what capacity though). hopefully just a precautionary retired hurt. Only time will tell if there's delayed signs of concussion etc

Qlder

International Debutant
"Cricket Victoria said Pucovski was cleared of concussion and was set to return to the match while being monitored for delayed symptoms."

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obviously not out of the woods yet but a promising sign that he passed the first test. Still far from good obviously. It’s a problem that even the slightest impact has people worrying.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is terrible. Really needs to think about his future.

Related but plainly unimportant compared with his well being, but the kid really can’t play the hook shot, which isn’t conducive to opening the batting in test or FC cricket is it?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is terrible. Really needs to think about his future.

Related but plainly unimportant compared with his well being, but the kid really can’t play the hook shot, which isn’t conducive to opening the batting in test or FC cricket is it?
Is it really necessary to play the hook, in any batting position? I mean, it will help your scoring rate and potentially stop you being tied down, but it's risky for the best players and I didn't think scoring rate was a priority for non-BazBall openers.

The main thing he needs to learn is to get out of the way (and I'm still convinced you could probably make a better helmet than the current designs).

ataraxia

International Coach
Yeah actually why don't they just make Pucovski a bigger helmet? Galaxy brain idea I know, but seriously why not?