• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Mørk dropped Rose N.J., a very simple chance off Watt.
Robbins dropped Feeney, a very simple chance off Watt.
Markus dropped Goff, a very simple chance off Kennett.
Markus dropped Goff, a chance off Wright.
Iyer dropped Gray, a simple chance off Bennett.
Dauth dropped Feeney, a very simple chance off Watt.
Mørk dropped Feeney, a very simple chance off Watt.
Mørk dropped Goff, a simple chance off Wright.
Kennett dropped Verghese, a very simple chance off Watt.
Markus dropped Gray, a hard chance off Wright.
Ghansar dropped Verghese, a chance off Ghansar.
Iyer dropped Verghese, a very simple chance off Ghansar.
Dobson dropped Rose X.P.A., a very hard chance off Bennett.
Iyer dropped Hoy, a very simple chance off Markus.
Too bloody right steds, especially when alot came from my bowling, too quick for you girls? ;)It's no Kennett-style medium pace that you've been used to :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
The only bench strength we had before the internationals returned was Shukla, who's been downright dire with the ball both in FC and OD, and you, who have a career average worse than all the bowlers in the team has this season...
I'm gradually noticing a slip in the Scandinavian ice-cold veneer.

Stand back Shahid, the new hot-headed impetuous Mørk is on the way...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Right.

*watches SR creep up from 25 to...27*
After my vicious flaying of the blacks for 27 off 165 in the first innings and 7 off 66 in the second I think you might have some competition.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
After my vicious flaying of the blacks for 27 off 165 in the first innings and 7 off 66 in the second I think you might have some competition.
I think David Kennett's season stats just edges ours...

Code:
  5.13   D.M. Kennett                   20
20 runs off 390 balls. Beat that.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
Green dropped catches from 5d thus far (Goff and Verghese have only played one game)

Gray - 11
Feeney - 1
Rai - 2
Timewell - 6
N Rose - 5
Sajith - 2
Walsh - 1
Weber - 3
Cunningham - 4
Lezama - 3
Garven - 1
Hoy - 1
Verghese - 2
Goff - 2
happy to not see my name up there but it is a little concerning to se eso many going down guys.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuel_Vimes said:
I think David Kennett's season stats just edges ours...

Code:
  5.13   D.M. Kennett                   20
20 runs off 390 balls. Beat that.
He's got part of the Hoggard technique down. Now he just needs to perfect the edge through slip.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW Blue to play CW Red

LA Camps (C)
MP Phillips
MW de Silva
A Cloete
A Crampton +
BL Wilshere
SE Fuller
SC Popat
DP Tucker
TC Halsey
NL Patrick

12th Man: R Harris

Mr Mxyzptlk

Thursday 10th February

CW Black v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

A calamity of running accounted for a substandard total of 235 by Black, which was comfortably overcome by Green. No less than 5 players were run out after getting good starts. Indeed, the first 3 batsmen were victim to the run out.

Chasing the moderate total, Green had few problems. Wilson, Pickup and Kearsley bowled quite well, but the other bowlers were played comfortably. Malone and Feeney struck half-centuries, whilst Goff and Towns played good innings on their return.

Man of the Match: A Feeney

CW Blue v CW Red
at the CW Oval

A determined and crucially compiled innings by Rob Dauth was the inspiration for an important Reds victory. Dauth practically batted throughout the innings, entering in the 4th over and ending unbeaten.

Bowling, it was over to the expeirence to handle matters for Red. Watt and Wright were quality in the initial overs, strangling the Blue opening batsmen and setting the RRR over 6. Phillips fought through the period and tried to play the Dauth innings, but did not have the same sort of timing.

Blue still chased admirably though, knocking the spiralling RRR down and they even looked like getting home at one stage. Alas, a lovely exhibition of reverse swing from Watt and Wright figured superbly for Red and the game was put out of reach.

Man of the Match: RJ Dauth

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Patrick Downed By The Bird

Nath Patrick will miss the next 3 Blue games with a strained wrist. He managed to sustain the injury whilst "flipping off" a spectator for calling him an Aussie. No comment from Patrick nor CW Blue staff.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was a stunning win Reds. The experience of our bowlers really showed through there. Great innigns from Dauth, I'm glad I dug that yorker out and got that single for the last ball - would have been shattered if I didn't either get a boundary or leave you stranded on 99.

Good work Reds.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
wow 5 run outs, cant complain there, great fielding guys :). The bowling probably wasn't quite as good as it has been the last few games, but the run outs kept them down to just 235, was pretty easily overcome by our batsmen (with our internationals back i must say our OD batting is very powerful) Malone and Feeney compiling solid half centuries with Goff and Towns scoring well at a good rate.

Lets keep working hard though, still plenty of room for improvement :)