• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
and ANOTHER WIN IN THE 5D!!
the other teams will have to work hard to catch up to us!!
GREEN MA-CHINE GREEN MA-CHINE !
WE'RE #1! WE'RE #1!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Standings

Code:
[B]**5D**						
The Manuel Ramprakash Challenge Trophy						
Team			P	W	L	D	T	Pts[/B]
Cricket Web Green	9	7	2	0	0	210
Cricket Web Black	9	6	2	1	0	195
Cricket Web Red		9	2	5	2	0	90
Cricket Web Blue	9	1	7	1	0	45

[B]**OD**						
The Chef de Groot Trophy						
Team			P	W	L	Bonus	Pts	NRR[/B]
Cricket Web Green	8	5	3	4	24	0.20
Cricket Web Black	8	5	3	2	22	-0.10
Cricket Web Blue	8	3	5	7	19	0.22
Cricket Web Red		8	3	5	3	15	-0.30

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing performance by both myself and the team. Just one half-century in each innings, and a poor showing by all the bowlers except Demeza. Personally, I made a quite ridiculous 27 off 165 balls first up, and failed in the second innings and was shocking with the ball, particularly early on in my first couple of spells. I felt okay in the first dig with the bat, but the bowling was really quality stuff and I struggled to find the gaps. Same deal in the second innings, and with all the rain breaks I just couldn't get set at the crease. I still think I'm in decent touch with the bat, I just have to stop throwing away my wicket when I get a start. Hopefully I'll get a shot at redeeming myself in the next FC game.

Also, kudos to my Aussie mate Travis Demeza for his awesome showing with the ball. His spell after lunch on day three where he grabbed 5 for 29 in 11 overs was awesome to watch from the field. Truly vicious fast bowling, with great line and length to match. Hopefully he's a player of the future for CW Blue.

Let's see if we can redeem ourselves in the shorter form and keep in touch with the top two tomorrow.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
As a bizarre side-note, Demeza now has one run from six innings in FC cricket, and three of his five ducks have been first ball... surely that's some sort of record. :p

biased indian

International Coach
ourselves and black's have now a big lead in 5d and are now doing the same in the one dayers also other two has a lot of catching upto do

my ODI form has been poor althrough the season and disappointed to miss out from the playing eleven of 5D

A Big win aganist the GO REDS!!!!!!!!!! is always sweet

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Another great win Blacks, we just need to keep it up. Great return for Pickup and a great hundred from Blackman.

Personally a pretty poor performance with the ball and then the bat.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
commentary said:
Mørk dropped Rose N.J., a very simple chance off Watt.
Robbins dropped Feeney, a very simple chance off Watt.
Markus dropped Goff, a very simple chance off Kennett.
Markus dropped Goff, a chance off Wright.
Iyer dropped Gray, a simple chance off Bennett.
Dauth dropped Feeney, a very simple chance off Watt.
Mørk dropped Feeney, a very simple chance off Watt.
Mørk dropped Goff, a simple chance off Wright.
Kennett dropped Verghese, a very simple chance off Watt.
Markus dropped Gray, a hard chance off Wright.
Ghansar dropped Verghese, a chance off Ghansar.
Iyer dropped Verghese, a very simple chance off Ghansar.
Dobson dropped Rose X.P.A., a very hard chance off Bennett.
Iyer dropped Hoy, a very simple chance off Markus.
this is a big problem, guys

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am not asking to i nclude myself or not but its time a few changes are made from the supposedly established players in the CW XI team as the results are not coming and the players are not playing particularly impressively.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
good win greens, well done boys timewell and blewy good stuff,and everyone else that chipped in.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Great win Green's, Top of both leagues... Lets really build on this, We have shown our toughness this season after all the early season drama's so lets keep up the good work...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Pratyush said:
I am not asking to i nclude myself or not but its time a few changes are made from the supposedly established players in the CW XI team as the results are not coming and the players are not playing particularly impressively.
The internationals have had ONE go. A bit harsh to drop them on the basis of that, don't ya think?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
NO rookies (with 50+ overs) average under 20 with the ball.
Hmmm..... Im not sure on the exact figures, but I think I might be close here.....

I only ever bowl about 10 or so overs, but Ive picked up wickets regularly....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prince EWS said:
Hmmm..... Im not sure on the exact figures, but I think I might be close here.....

I only ever bowl about 10 or so overs, but Ive picked up wickets regularly....
You average 22podd and have bowled only 43 overs.

Cloete

International Captain
Unlucky Blue. We just can't seem to get guys to regularly put up their hand.

But I take almost full responsibility for the batting. I can't just turn up and not even make double figures in either innings. I'll definitely be working long and hard in the nets for the next game!

Come on Blue!