• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ahhhh not cool. Well bowled Tucker, and very well bowled Supah! Not an easy batting pitch, on a day where 450 runs were scored and the highest score was 53! Should of bowled better personally and would have liked to have made a run!

Good luck next game fellas, looks like some good bowling strength with Camps, Halsey, Collins, Popat, Demeza and Fuller. Good combination there :)

Last edited:

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Deja moo said:
Nice tight finish !

I say we did well to get to 297 from 120/4 !
Exactly, but what it seems to be coming down to us Reds is there is no application in batting.

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
Gooljar, must've been ready to lash out for a while with those regular 12th man duties.

5/47 off 10 not too shabby for ya...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Be sensible here.
I was talking about people averaging like 35+ with the bat, under 20 with the ball and taking more than 1 catch a game.

How is that sensible?

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Wow, what a game. I always knew we had the potential to get a big score like that, and now we can hopefully keep going. Well done to Red for a great fight, but our bowling also turned out to be good enough. And hopefully that'll put me back in form.

Deja moo

International Captain
KennyD said:
Exactly, but what it seems to be coming down to us Reds is there is no application in batting.
Yeah. No more than 3 batsmen click per innings, and no one goe on to get 3 figures. We need to work on that.

Oh, and the bowling too. Shouldnt have conceded 300+.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
When i was telling Gooljar i was certain he would do well i wasn't expecting 5, great effort :D

A Solid opening partnership and some solid lower order batting, particularly from weber, got us to 250. probably not quite as many as i had hoped for after the opening stand but with our bowling, i was still very confident. After an early wicket to timewell hoy took some punishment. Enter Gooljar :D straight blue wickets tore them apart. 5/47 some great figures for a bloke a little out of match practice. Weber (2/37), timewell (2/26) and Rai (1/33 from 10) were also superb. Great win guys, now to picking the lineup for the next game with the internationals back... not easy.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
I was talking about people averaging like 35+ with the bat, under 20 with the ball and taking more than 1 catch a game.

How is that sensible?
There is no rookie who has a 35+ averages with the bat and sub20 average with the ball. In fact, there's no player at all who does that! I also don't see where fielding comes into this. Are rookies supposed to be crappy fielders?

In fact, only 2 rookies average over 35 with the period and NO rookies (with 50+ overs) average under 20 with the ball. The players under 20 - Delkap, Rob Timewell, Nathan Hoy. None of those are rookies at last check.

Once again, be sensible. 14 non-rookie players were away with the CW XI, leaving 58 players in the system to compete. 25 of those players are rookies and if you look at the composition of each team, there is strong rookie presence.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Hate to be the one to back up Marc ;) But I have to say that in OD, Mike Wilson averages 43.50 with the bat and 19.33 with the ball - but having said that, the huge amount of rookies that came in this season means I'm not surprised that one player has turned out to be a prodigy - that's almost to be expected.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
serious marc stop crying ! like rookies cant do good...there are some rookies who do good,rookies who are avarage and there are even bad rookies...just like irl! serious you sound like a little child: 'its not fair they are doing better then me, MAMA'

Buddhmaster

International Captain
kwek said:
serious marc stop crying ! like rookies cant do good...there are some rookies who do good,rookies who are avarage and there are even bad rookies...just like irl! serious you sound like a little child: 'its not fair they are doing better then me, MAMA'
LMAO. I don't see the problem if some rookies are going well. I could name plenty of players who had great rookie years in Test cricket.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wednesday 5th February

CW Blue v CW Black
at the SCG

Another disappointing showing from CW Blue, as the weak batting and terribly unpenetrative bowling was exposed once more. Neither Cloete nor Camps made any real impact on the game and Black ran away with it.

Pickup took 4 first innings wickets, then Wilson took 4 in the second innings to limit the Blues to a combined 385 runs. At the crease, the critical player was maiden hundred scorer - Blackman. Blackman played beautifully in between being dropped on 21 and 61 to reach the milestone. Overall the Blues were terrible in the field, Jellett flooring Loc 2nd ball, who then went on to a half-century.

Butler was also dropped twice in the 40s and continued onward to a half-century. It was not all doom and gloom for Blue though. Travis Demeza justified his place in the team with a persistent exhibition of pace bowling to take a maiden 6-wicket haul.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 217 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 360 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 168 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 28 for 1
Cricket Web Black won by 9 wkts.

Man of the Match: A Blackman

CW Red v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Despite a brave second inning effort that saw the game being taken to the final session, the Reds' inability to cope with the supreme rhythm of Timewell in the first innings ultimately accounted for a massive defeat. Timewell took 7 wickets to limit Red to 136, collapsing from 124/4.

The Greens had earlier in the game won the toss and batted first on the notorious Jekyll-Hyde CWBCC Stadium wicket. The brilliance of Brendon Goff at the top of the order was a huge boost, with Alex Feeney also playing well for a solid half-century. Red then fought back behind the spin of Bennett to limit the score from 164/1 to 243 all out.

In their second innings, Green had a lead of 107 runs and set about to bat Red out of the game. The pitch seemingly flattened out, showing its best for the spinners, who shared 57 overs of work. Rose, Goff and Malone played well at the top of the order, but the real frustration for Red came with Verghese's determined innings with the tail. The infamous depth of the Green order showed up again, with even Timewell scoring runs on the way to 417 all out.

Red was faced with one option - close up shop. With an unattainable target and a turning 5th day pitch, Håkon Mørk set out to bat an eternity alongside Iyer and the two very nearly took Red to stumps. Alas a breakthrough before the close gave way for 2 more in the first session of the final day. Red went to lunch at 155/3 with aspirations of saving the game.

It was not to be, however. The spinners took timely wickets including that of Mørk for a well-compiled half-century, and captain Marc Robbins was left batting with the tail. He tried his utmost to shield his partners, but aside from David Kennett, no one looked like sticking around with him. Timewell returned and wrapped up a 10-wicket game with the last 2 wickets.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 243 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 136 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 417 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 203 all out
Cricket Web Green won by 321 runs.

Man of the Match: R Timewell

Attachments

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
as i keep saying... WIN WIN WIN!! Greens are steamrolling everybody!
Glad to finally back in the game and get a 5 wicket haul..... Thanks for the confidence cap!
GREEN MA-CHINE GREEN MA-CHINE!