• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Oi, guys, I need help. Not a magnificent knock by any means by me either, but...

Four drops, too. Granted, three were hard or very hard and Loc was caught by Sean the next ball, but...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Again that was an unfortunate loss Reds. Our rookie batsman are really finding the grind of the season a bit tough. After an impressive start we have really hit the skids. Not to worry - we get our internationals back soon, and that should streghten our batting and bowling.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it just me or is it extremely ironic that the injury sim which was invented by the Black team captain is giving all the black team players the big injuries?

Dydl

International Debutant
I feel the pain. 99 runs in that match. :crybaby: Very happy with my 90 not out in the first innings!! :D :D :D :D :D And happy taking three catches in the match.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mister Wright said:
Is it just me or is it extremely ironic that the injury sim which was invented by the Black team captain is giving all the black team players the big injuries?
Well...it shows it's fair...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Im stepping down from the next FC game at least. This is ridiculous. Time for some rookies to stand up methinks :) I refuse to participate in the next FC game unless exceptional circumstances intervene... It is completely unfair of me to keep playing in games, whilst playing in the way I am.
I will however, keep playing One-dayers if the selectors see fit, as my form has not been utterly attrocious like my FC performances.

Heart-breaking loss there Blues, Im devasted to say the least.

Great bowling by the spinners, well done with the 100 Prince!!!! V happy for you bro :happy: Go the Blues!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
well done with the 100 Prince
Thank you. Firstly for congratulating me on my hundred, and secondly for actually taking the time to figure out who "RGEWS Cribb" is, although the EWS is a bit of a giveaway.

Anyway, Im glad I finally converted one of my starts. That innings also showed why i get so many starts and dont convert - I have to stay out there for 300 balls to rack up a 100! Im bound to get out on one of them!

Its just sad my innings didnt inspire a Blues' victory. It was definately in sight before I got out. I triggered a minor calapse it seems.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
That was an excellent win for us blacks. A few great batting performances especially by Wilson, just unfortunetly not me this time.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Prince EWS said:
Its just sad my innings didnt inspire a Blues' victory. It was definately in sight before I got out. I triggered a minor calapse it seems.
Yes, it was unfortunate that we couldn't finish the job after adding 105 out of the 153 required runs for the 7th wicket. On a lighter note, I wonder how close that is to a Blue team record...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nnanden said:
Im stepping down from the next FC game at least. This is ridiculous. Time for some rookies to stand up methinks :) I refuse to participate in the next FC game unless exceptional circumstances intervene... It is completely unfair of me to keep playing in games, whilst playing in the way I am.
I will however, keep playing One-dayers if the selectors see fit, as my form has not been utterly attrocious like my FC performances.

Heart-breaking loss there Blues, Im devasted to say the least.

Great bowling by the spinners, well done with the 100 Prince!!!! V happy for you bro :happy: Go the Blues!
you will play if we decide u are still the right person, with Liam and Andrew coming back we are a completely different team....

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I really, really dont think I should be, but I will perform for the team if absolutely neccessary. Please take this request seriously :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Robertinho said:
Especially me.

But Wilson?? Does he have a batting average of 50 and bowling of 20??
Wilson has had success because of his hit or miss style of play. He's just happened to hit rather more than missing so far. His average is in the 30s with the bat and high 20s with the ball.

Mr Mxyzptlk

broncoman said:
you will play if we decide u are still the right person, with Liam and Andrew coming back we are a completely different team....
Was about to type the same thing.

Nath, you're still potentially our best bowler and did bowl fairly well in the last game.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I'd like to step up for Nath if he is still ahving confidence issues.

I have them too, but never know if you never go.

I've been unlucky to date, expensive and erratic sure, but still unlucky....what else do you expect from young, hot headed pacemen who bowl too fast for their breeches at a young age?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mister Wright said:
It was always going to be that way, wasn't it?

As for rookies, let's see what happens now the ODI boys (or those who can still walk) are back. Some interesting selection issues I have...

I think Wilson *might* keep his place, just... :D