• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
we probably should of one that blacks, it is absolutely terrible news that Delkap will miss the rest of the season we will really miss him.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
steds said:
Was it Håkon who said summat about Law and Dauth firing? He sees the future! :-O
I think that was what we needed to win - as shown, good thing everyone forgot about my 2 (13) at the end!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
To sum up our latest performance, I will use a quote.

"ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Thats Merissa, Season Two, Ep One from the OC. Sounds bout the same as well.

My opening spell smelt, I bowled too many extras and my last over completely sucked. Stoked to take a catch and also with my batting, but even then I couldnt go on with it!!

Some positives there for the team and for myself, but not quite doing the job :) Keep trying!

My heart goes out to those injured for extensive periods of time.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
its official (if it wasnt already before) i cant bat in one day for ****...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
steds said:
WHAT?!?! FIX!!!!!!! :p
I wouldn't bother - the end result is the important thing - we as a team know how well you played - only the second time you've opened isn't it?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Samuel_Vimes said:
I think that was what we needed to win - as shown, good thing everyone forgot about my 2 (13) at the end!
It was noted!

I think the panel made the right choice out of the 2 we were considering sending in first ;)

Hoggy31

International Captain
Excellent stuff reds!, Great batting steds!!! Very pleased for us to get a win on the board after a couple of losses.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
We seem to be in a little bit of a form slump. But it's not too bad, because we are atleast putting up good efforts and not being thrashed. There was a good partnership between Wilson and I, but I was disapointed that neither of us could go all the way and score a big ton.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think the results so far just indicate that all sides are actually fairly closely matched, a bit like it ended up last year.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I agree with Marc. Confidence and form is playing a big role atm. The teams that started well have the form and the the teams that didn't are playing catch up.

Majin

International Debutant
Hay, do you have like the list of CW records, such as top ten highest first class scores and best bowling figures and so forth anywhere? I'd like to take a look.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done Reds. Brilliant effort. Although Bennett didn't go on to get that big score which could have pushed us well over 250, I am pleased we got off to a good start. All our bowlers contributed and everyone put in a great team effort.

Keep it up Reds, this is great.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Okay, which idiot wrote the injury sim? :@

We're going to have to really pull together now and the have team spirit carry us through this rough patch.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Okay, which idiot wrote the injury sim? :@

We're going to have to really pull together now and the have team spirit carry us through this rough patch.
What were the odds on season-ending injuries again? :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Delkap's unfortunate breakage means a tough selection call for the next four-dayer. He'd probably have replaced Dylan, who the sim doesn't seem to like, now it's a straight pick between retaining Dylan - who in all honesty won't see much action at the PDV, going with Chris Hinton or bringing back Ferd.

Any suggestions, Blacks? At present, I'm tending toward Ferd to join Austin at the top of the order, with DYDL dropping down to the middle order.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Black XI to face Blue subject to confirmation
1 Andrew Ferd
2 Chris Loc
3 David Kearsley
4 Alex Blackman
5 Zafar Mohammad
6 Michael Wilson
7 Darren Dubb-Lynch +
8 Robert Hing
9 Callum Thompson
10 Sangrah Bhatia
11 David Richards *

Loony BoB

International Captain
Adamc said:
What were the odds on season-ending injuries again? :p
I think it was something around a one in ten chance that a single player would get a season-ending injury...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Thursday 3rd February

CW Black v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

A classy hundred from in-form Rob Hing led the way for Black as they built up a first innings score sufficient to knock Blue over and then enforce the follow on. Still, unlike previous games this season, the Blue batting did not fold. Instead it was aggressive and purposeful in recovery. Debutant de Silva marked an excellent debut with a maiden half-century in adding 106 runs with Fitzsimmons.

It was the innings of Blue captain Simon Fitzsimmons which kept the competition alive though. Some 22 boundaries and 1 six were inked into the scorebook as the Aussie crossed 150 for the first time in his career. The epic innings was ended late on the third day when played a tired stroke at an offstump delivery from Bhatia.

Chasing 141 for victory, Black met early setbacks with Loc failing to get in once more, but Kearsley and Blackman came to the rescue and set up an easy win. From a Blue perspective, the game was lost in the first innings. Despite starts from deSilva, Wilshere and Jellett, a 5-wicket burst by Sangrah Bhatia was inspiration enough to keep the total to just 154.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 425 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 154 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings Following On 411 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 141 for 4
Cricket Web Black won by 6 wkts.

Man of the Match: SJ Fitzsimmons

CW Green v CW Red
at the CW Oval

Following a rivalry of words earlier in the season and a huge victory for Red in their first meeting, Cricket Web Green bounced back strongly at the Oval. Continuing with some impressive momentum, the Green confidence was manifested in the batting of one man - Nicholas Rose. The youngster oozed class in scoring a massive hundred.

He was dropped on 84 and 147, but the innings was largely magnificent. Half-centuries also came for Cunningham and Weber (maiden) and the Reds were left exhausted, as only Kyle Wright and Nick Borcich were rewarded as such for their efforts.

Starting their innings in the last session of the second day, the Red problems were quickly compounded. They lost 6 key wickets before the close in the face of an exceptional spell of bowling, shared between Nathon Hoy and Rob Timewell - 19 overs between them on the trot.

The two continued to bowl in tandem in the morning session and delivered a further 19 overs, though only for one more wicket. Indeed, Iyer was a model of concentration and played a quality unbeaten half-century whilst the wickets fell around him. Credit also to Sean Bennett for a decent showing of resistance.

With 265 runs in the bank after the first innings, Andrew Garven had little hesitation in sending the Reds in once more. An early run out of key batsman Mørk kept the momentum with Green and, despite valiant attempts from Whelan, Maddocks and Dobson, the Reds never gained a foot hold. Timewell followed up his spectacular showing against the Blues with 7 more wickets, but it was Rose who received Man of the Match honours.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 422 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 158 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings Following On 165 all out
Cricket Web Green won by an Innings and 99 runs.

Man of the Match: NJ Rose

Attachments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hello. Wake up. I never take suicidal singles - why the hell was I run out...

Ashamed of that performance. We're back to last season, it seems.