• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
CW Red v Australia A at the SCG.

Murky conditions and a slowish wicket. Not the worst showing by a young team. Commendable.
I was a bowler who can chip in with runs like a Shane Warne. Not a number 11 batsman.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Tricky trip to the home of the Blues - the pitch is likely to favour seamers so Dylan misses out again (sorry mate - can't change a winning team after that kind of performance!)

A few little switchies in the batting order - Rob gets a shot at opening with Ferd slipping down to number 7 to hopefully play a Bevanlike role. Callum and Darren switch around to see if Callum can carry his FC form into some rapid OD runs.

1 Robert Hing
2 Michael Wilson
3 Alex Blackman
4 Zafar Mohammad
5 David Kearsley
6 Callum Thompson
7 Andrew Ferd
8 Darren Dubb-Lynch +
9 Sangrah Bhatia
10 Delkap
11 David Richards *

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
I was a bowler who can chip in with runs like a Shane Warne. Not a number 11 batsman.
In the Reds players play where there's a space for them.

Steds isn't an opening batsman, but he didn't moan about being asked to do it.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Great win Blacks, a great team performance, never let them have a sniff, thats the way to do it. Great debuts for the new lads, especially Mike, Zafar, Hingy and Thomo - and Sangrah leading the way with some top lower order batting and a great second innings effort with the ball.

My batting was atrocious and its no surprise ill be at number 11 next match, but it just shows the depth we have there. Happy with the way the ball came out in the first innings and i wasn't called upon to do more than give the paceman a break in the second innings as they ran through the green lineup

More of the same please Blacks

biased indian

International Coach
i ahd a got opening partner ship in the first inngs that was not bad to score 80 odd but could have been better

the second inngs was terrible need to improve a lot

and guys we have to catch well me included

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Loony BoB said:
Feeney missed a chance to run out Dubb-Lynch.
Garven dropped Mohammed, a chance off Weber.
Sajith dropped Hing, a very simple chance off Timewell.
Feeney dropped Dubb-Lynch, a simple chance off Timewell.
Feeney dropped Hing, a very simple chance off Cunningham.
Gray dropped Hing, a very hard chance off Hoy.
Sajith dropped Thompson, a very hard chance off Weber.
Gooljar dropped Thompson, a simple chance off Hoy.

Something we might need to work on, lads!
yeah bit mad about that! i couldve had 2 more wickets!

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Damnit! We lost. Well played reds.

I suppose we need someone to stay in for a l-o-n-g time. *hint hint nudge nudge*

*cough*Suchasme*cough*

Edit:yay, 400th post.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Teams for OD Openers

CW Red
KN Iyer
JE Stedman
RJ Dauth
GKK Dobson
A Maddocks
H Moerk +
Pratyush Agarwal
H Thirtyone
Amit Shukla
KS Wright *
C Law

12th Man: SA Bennett

CW Blue
SJ Fitzsimmons *
RGEWS Cribb
MW de Silva
A Crampton
D Jellett +
SC Popat
SE Fuller
MP Phillips
TC Halsey
AAA Collins
NL Patrick

12th Man: R Harris

CW Green
AJ Garven *
NJ Rose
A Lezama +
A Feeney
DK Rai
Tarick Weber
BC Cunningham
PR Sajith
NS Hoy
GS Gooljar
R Timewell

12th Man: JR Gray

Last edited by a moderator:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Liam..could you just change my name yes tnx...you dont need to write my full name(like i told you before)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Something Weber and I just noticed while chatting... the three top scorers for the Greens in the last match were rookie, rookie and rookie!

Mr Mxyzptlk

kwek said:
Liam..could you just change my name yes tnx...you dont need to write my full name(like i told you before)
Copy/pasted from the CW Green email :p.

It's correct in the sim though, so fear not.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
In the Reds players play where there's a space for them.

Steds isn't an opening batsman, but he didn't moan about being asked to do it.
I am not moaning. If you read my post on the read thread regarding this, it would show a better indication of this. I would love to play any where in the team, whenever I get a chance. I just feel my batting is better than a number 11 and stated that.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
I am not moaning. If you read my post on the read thread regarding this, it would show a better indication of this. I would love to play any where in the team, whenever I get a chance. I just feel my batting is better than a number 11 and stated that.
In future these matters are better served behind closed doors, or at least in the Red Thread. If they are announced publicly it can cause confusion amongst the team and gives the other teams a chance to have a 'go' at us.

If you want to discuss matters like these my msn is: pennyless_student@hotmail.com

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Tricky trip to the home of the Blues - the pitch is likely to favour seamers so Dylan misses out again (sorry mate - can't change a winning team after that kind of performance!)
:(

Do whats best for the team ( I agree no point changing a winning team)

Mr Mxyzptlk

January 24th - OD Opening Day!

CW Green v CW Red
at the CW Oval

A good partnership for the 2nd Green wicket, but the middle order couldn't get anything significant together, and Law and Pratyush wrecked the innings. Especially impressive was Hoggy Thirtyone, who was steady and bowled with decent nip throughout.

The Reds chased maturely and ultimately comfortably against bowling that was testing in spurts.

Man of the Match: C Law

CW Black v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

A rollicking show from the Black batsmen was pulled back at the end by some good variations. Still, the total set was a testing one and the Blues ultimately found it too much.

All but one of the batsmen got starts, but no one played that big innings to press home victory.

Man of the Match: MW Wilson

Attachments