• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robertinho said:
WOW! DELIGHTED with my debut!!! 41 and 69*

No surprise with the result tho, Blue are rubbish :P
oi newby, theres the door, use it....

disapointing loss, as defending champions we are heavily marked, im sure we can pull through... look foward to Liam and Andrew coming back into the side...

David

International 12th Man
Fantastic game Reds!!

My own performance was decent considering the way Kyle dismantled the Blues, good showing team! :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Robertinho said:
Just noticed this aswell...

Partnership between Mørk [9 off 105] & Dauth [43 off 60] is now worth 50 runs.

I told you we'd make a great partnership! :D
Haha! Many more to come like it this season, I hope.

Very pleased with the team, first of all, Kyle taking 10 for 93 probably the highlight, but good to see new man Shukla in among the wickets. Promising, tight bowling from Sean as well. Batting-wise, almost everyone contributed, but particular credit to Rob for two good knocks that saw us home in a spot of bother (98 with me for the third wicket - good stuff mate).

And ****ing off Simon is always a good thing to do first up, too.

Lastly, Pete:

Code:
P.E. Young             ct Mørk              b Wright               8    7  1 0
Nuff said. I rule. :D

Just checked the commentary file, too. If Richard's keeping first-chance averages here too, mine were chanceless. :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
argh, more than peed off with the result, and my bowling. pathetic really, no excuses.

jelletts keeping was shoddy, as was the batting. just not good enough. every other side bats down to 11, and we can just dream of that depth.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
argh, more than peed off with the result, and my bowling. pathetic really, no excuses.

jelletts keeping was shoddy, as was the batting. just not good enough. every other side bats down to 11, and we can just dream of that depth.
Are you suggesting that Neil can bat for the Blacks? :D :blink:

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
Neil was set for a century in the charity game before he saw those storm clouds! ;)

Very happy for the team to get a win on the board so early in the season. Happy with my slow but steady knock in the 1st innings although with only 3in the 2nd Innings my game could have been better. Congrats to the young blokes, Mohammed, Wilson, Thompson and Hing who really won the match fo us.

masterblaster

International Captain
Brilliant win for the Blacks! Well done to all the players and especially the youngsters who have a very bright future.

Personally, I was relatively pleased with my 4-fer in the second innings. It was good to get the season underway with a win and a good overall performance.

Well done to the Blacks.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Feeney missed a chance to run out Dubb-Lynch.
Garven dropped Mohammed, a chance off Weber.
Sajith dropped Hing, a very simple chance off Timewell.
Feeney dropped Dubb-Lynch, a simple chance off Timewell.
Feeney dropped Hing, a very simple chance off Cunningham.
Gray dropped Hing, a very hard chance off Hoy.
Sajith dropped Thompson, a very hard chance off Weber.
Gooljar dropped Thompson, a simple chance off Hoy.

Something we might need to work on, lads!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks to all my Reds team-mates for their congrulations, but I alone did not get the job done. On what was a tricky wicket that 49 run lead on the first innings was very important and although no batsman going on to make the big 100 we had some solid partnerships and Hakon's innings in particular was very important.

This is a wonderful start to the season Reds. We lacked the back up power last season when our international players weren't playing. Imagine the force we can be when they do come back.

I've never done this before, but to get a win in my first game as captain I thought I should...so here goes...

go REDS!!!

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Ferd said:
Neil was set for a century in the charity game before he saw those storm clouds! ;)

Very happy for the team to get a win on the board so early in the season. Happy with my slow but steady knock in the 1st innings although with only 3in the 2nd Innings my game could have been better. Congrats to the young blokes, Mohammed, Wilson, Thompson and Hing who really won the match fo us.

And with me in the wings wanting a game so badly. None of you better not lose form. GO BLACKS

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Retox said:
And with me in the wings wanting a game so badly. None of you better not lose form. GO BLACKS
Another game like that, and you might not have to wait too long before replacing me.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
age_master said:
Tough match first up for Green really testing our depth and our rookies out. Started out very slowly allowing Black to reach 376. at 6/205 we were looking good but let them get away from us :(. The First innings batting was good, Cunningham scoring 95 the obvious star.

the 2nd innings was the opposite with our bowling dramatically improving, the quicks doing the job well on what seemed a pitch that would prefer the spinners.

unfortunatley our batting did not stand up in the 2nd innnings with the black bowlers bowling well. Weber was brilliant lasting 129 balls for his 46, unfortunatley he recieved no support.

plenty of signs of promise for the coming season, plenty of hard work too ;) with that im sure results will show dramatic improvement very quickly :)
Testing your depth and rookies?!

We had six First Class débuts to your three. That'd be that excuse shot down in pyrotechnic fashion, then :D

Contributions from pretty much everybody in some department - the opening stand of Ferd and Mike did well first time around but didn't quite come off second time out, and I'm still a little worried about the long-run future of that position. Not a great game for Alex, either, or Kears (however their performance against Bangladesh last time round makes up for that somewhat).

The middle order was exceptional, though - Darren, Rob, Callum and Sangrah all chipping in with the bat as well as Delkap setting a mark for #11 scoring that probably won't be beaten ever when the ODIs end... With the ball, Sangrah showed all his experience whilst Dave "Gilo" Richards did all that was required. Mike was superb in both innings whilst Callum's second innings went a long way towards sealing victory following Delkap's first innings burst.

Overall: 72/100 - and lots of encouraging sides. Well done lads!