• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

CartyDurham

International Captain
Latest fingers score. Man with 9 fingers will compete at Olympics for Australia

10 fingered competitors are concerned

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well hell, how do we want to do this now? One thread for pool stuff, one thread for track and field, etc. Or a thread for each day?

We should probably have a thread with the schedules as well. Idk.

Coronis

International Coach
Argentines in "poor sports" non-shocker. :-O

Seriously, don't know the context, but **** them anyway.
My only recent experience with Argentinian fans is Canapino’s lovely home fanbase in Indycar. Has quite soured me on them fsr.

The Dutch Olympic association guy surprised at the sudden reaction as the paedo has been playing top level beach volleyball for years. Almost like no one gives a flying **** about the sport except at the Olympics when hiding a paedo in plain sight in your tinpot game gets exposed to the whole world. Damn straight the guy should be punished twice; some crimes should prevent you appearing in top level sport even after your criminal punishment has concluded.
Serious question, why? Not that I agree with his level of punishment personally but why should he also be banned from his livelihood afterwards?

Re the Dutch child *** offender, Sha'Carri Richardson smoked some dope and got banned, but this guy can do one of the most disgusting things a person can do, and still compete.
tbh last time I checked one had an effect on performance and the other didn’t.

Want to be clear once again so nobody misinterprets any of this, I in no way support any of his acts, nor the travesty of his sentence, extradition and service of that sentence.

This is also pretty disappointing re: his personal life: He is married to a German volleyball player who studied psychology and trained to become a police officer. I think Germany needs to take a look at their police officer training…. and seriously? Psychology? Question marks everywhere there.

Tom Flint

International Regular
My only recent experience with Argentinian fans is Canapino’s lovely home fanbase in Indycar. Has quite soured me on them fsr.

Serious question, why? Not that I agree with his level of punishment personally but why should he also be banned from his livelihood afterwards?

Want to be clear once again so nobody misinterprets any of this, I in no way support any of his acts, nor the travesty of his sentence, extradition and service of that sentence.

This is also pretty disappointing re: his personal life: He is married to a German volleyball player who studied psychology and trained to become a police officer. I think Germany needs to take a look at their police officer training…. and seriously? Psychology? Question marks everywhere there.
Argentina Rugby team is about the only thing I don't mind seeing them do ok in. When we sold martinez to villa I was glad to see them back of him. My mum said he used to try flirt with her in the park. Creep

Ali TT

International Regular

Hard to make some absolute, objective check list of crimes that should or shouldn't prevent you from playing top level sports but in my personal opinion, being a paedo rapist would be over the line, just that grim of a crime.

Ali TT

International Regular
Also it's about fame and honour. Not saying such individuals, once sentences are complete, should be prevented from having a job but the fact he could become a medal winning hero, with the potential benefits that would give him, is just wrong imo.

Ali TT

International Regular
This is trash. Anyone who's missed this should be thanking the saboteurs. If the rain and the river wasn't wet enough they've added some giant fountains as well.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
It's definitely a bit weird, but I don't hate the idea of having it along the river rather than the stadium.

Maybe makes it a little bit worse to watch on television, but you can get so many more people there in person than you can in the stadium.

I bet the vibes are great if you're there watching, even if you'd be soaked.

Ali TT

International Regular
It's definitely a bit weird, but I don't hate the idea of having it along the river rather than the stadium.

Maybe makes it a little bit worse to watch on television, but you can get so many more people there in person than you can in the stadium.

I bet the vibes are great if you're there watching, even if you'd be soaked.
Yeah it's not coming across well on telly. Feel sorry for the small teams that have had to go out on a little dinghy for some reason, rather than the big barges.

CartyDurham

International Captain
anyone hoping this horse effect sinks ?

:D

Eiffel tower now. Hope the horse has made it, starting to tread water now and may need oxygen having gone full belt for a long time here

Last edited: