• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Dutch volleyball team have a convicted pedo rapist on the team. Gonna be interesting how this one turns out.
Jesus. Just Googled this and, well eff me:

Flew to the UK when he was 19 to rape a 12 year old he'd met online knowing her age full well.

I like horses as much as the next man, but in light of his Dujardin has been slightly stuffed, surely?!

Molehill

International Captain
My wife is a horse person

Grew up on a farm, competed when she was young, goes on riding trips regularly and she still has a couple

Treats them like babies and I can never imagine her trying to cause them pain
Kind of similar except it's my eldest who has two horses. She can get one of them to do loads of tricks, it hasn't happened by hitting it. She doesn't like the fact I enjoy Horse Racing, but I can at least point out that running and jumping comes somewhat more naturally to a horse than prancing about like a ballet dancer.

The one thing that is clear in that Dujardin video is that this is not a frustrated and angry woman who has boiled over. This just looks like normality and I'm sure it is (and not just her either).

One thing I would say, if the complainer really wanted to improve the way dressage horses are trained, why did she wait 3 years to release the video? It's clear there's a personal agenda at work here too.

Molehill

International Captain
The USA are much better at 7s than 15s. Have some genuine pace.

NZ are in a group with Ireland and the Saffers. I think only 2 will go through and all 3 have good 7s teams. Fiji and Argentina will be very good.
There are 3 groups of 4, two of the best 3rd placed teams go through too.

True about the USA, but they were then thrashed by Fiji. Meanwhile, France only scraped past Uruguay. Fiji and NZ look the best 2 teams I've seen (looks like they avoid each other in the draw till the Final too), although Argentina and Ireland look solid outfits who won't be easy to beat. France will make the semis at best. A shame GB doesn't have a team, although they do in the Women's and you'd think would be one of the favourites.

BoyBrumby

Englishman

The way my mates explained this to me made it sound like they were doing full VAR checks on the whole game afterwards. Nonetheless, this is quite something
Argentines in "poor sports" non-shocker. :-O

Seriously, don't know the context, but **** them anyway.

Molehill

International Captain

The way my mates explained this to me made it sound like they were doing full VAR checks on the whole game afterwards. Nonetheless, this is quite something
I logged back into the iplayer to watch the 7's to see the Argie players warming up in front of an empty stadium. Couldn't work out why no one was there until I found out later.

It's also worth noting that any Argentinian team/athlete is getting the boo treatment from the French fans after that racist song.

Argentines in "poor sports" non-shocker. :-O

Seriously, don't know the context, but **** them anyway.
I think on this occasion there was little blame for the Argies. Indeed, the Morroccans may find themselves with a fine of sorts for their fans' behaviour.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's also worth noting that any Argentinian team/athlete is getting the boo treatment from the French fans after that racist song
Seems a little hypocritical to boo all Argentinians because some other Argentinians sang a racist song…

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain
Jesus. Just Googled this and, well eff me:

Flew to the UK when he was 19 to rape a 12 year old he'd met online knowing her age full well.

I like horses as much as the next man, but in light of his Dujardin has been slightly stuffed, surely?!

Started grooming the girl when she was 10. Told her to go to a clinic to get the morning after pill after raping her and only spent 1 year in prison for it.

Amazing that some women hitting a horse is getting people more upset than this.

Molehill

International Captain
Standard Australian rugby defence on display early against Argentina
Bizarre yellow card decision against the Argies. Pretty certain one of them should have been carded after kicking the ball away after the knock on, but didn't seem like it should've gone to the guy who did get it.

Transformed the nature of the game though as Argies seemed in complete control to that pont.

ripper868

International Coach
Standard Australian rugby defence on display early against Argentina
You think that defence was bad, you should watch Parramatta play sometime.

Uruguay giving it to the USA here, USA seem to have gone backwards a little bit from where they were 4 years ago, still have Baker obviously, but don't seem as dangerous/creative through the middle as years gone by.

Edit: ha, course, as I say it they go an easy 80m.

Ali TT

International Regular
Started grooming the girl when she was 10. Told her to go to a clinic to get the morning after pill after raping her and only spent 1 year in prison for it.

Amazing that some women hitting a horse is getting people more upset than this.
The Dutch Olympic association guy surprised at the sudden reaction as the paedo has been playing top level beach volleyball for years. Almost like no one gives a flying **** about the sport except at the Olympics when hiding a paedo in plain sight in your tinpot game gets exposed to the whole world. Damn straight the guy should be punished twice; some crimes should prevent you appearing in top level sport even after your criminal punishment has concluded.

Ali TT

International Regular
Also the madness at the Morocco Argentina game instead just how chaotic the disallowed goal was anyway - blocked shot, fumble-saved shot, saved onto the bar, headed onto the bar, headed in.

Molehill

International Captain
The Dutch Olympic association guy surprised at the sudden reaction as the paedo has been playing top level beach volleyball for years. Almost like no one gives a flying **** about the sport except at the Olympics when hiding a paedo in plain sight in your tinpot game gets exposed to the whole world. Damn straight the guy should be punished twice; some crimes should prevent you appearing in top level sport even after your criminal punishment has concluded.
Kind of like waiting 4 years to release the dressage video, timing is everything in minority sports.