• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England XI vs India XI (since 1970)

Which test team since 1970 is stronger?

• Total voters

Johan

First Class Debutant
I would hope in England given the pace bowling advantage the Ind / Pak team has. Set Imran, Wasim, Waqar and Kapil loose on a cloudy day in Headingley
at that point English batting I think is greater against movement so England would win in that scenario

capt_Luffy

International Captain
You want me to put Gavaskar at 5? No way imo, I go Hobbs>Hutton>Gavaskar~Sutcliffe personally
Gavaskar at 3 and Hammond at 5. Works perfectly fine imo.
Also I have Hobbs >Gavaskar ≈ Hutton > Sutcliffe

Last edited:

Johan

First Class Debutant
Gavaskar at 3 and Hammond at 5. Works perfectly fine imo.
Also I have Hobbs >Gavaskar ≈ Hutton > Sutcliffe
my think is that if you've one of Hutton as opener you don't really need Gavaskar at 3, tho I rate Hammond at 3 really high so maybe that plays a factor.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
my think is that if you've one of Hutton as opener you don't really need Gavaskar at 3, tho I rate Hammond at 3 really high so maybe that plays a factor.
Hammond can really bat anywhere in the MO. Gavaskar had a SR of 46 while opening. I don't think him batting at 5 will even be a problem unless you a trying to Bazball.