• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Interestingly enough, seems NZ were gonna bat first too had they won the toss.
Absolutely, that's why I'm saying amongst the other stuff (obviously our catching isn't luck) that we need to capitalise on all the good fortune.

Letting one guy score half of his almost 100 runs through the third man region doesn't strike me as a positive contributor to doing so

King Kane

International Regular
Sarfaraz is trolling our bowlers and slips fielders with some of these shots, we aren't helping ourselves though by giving him too much width outside off.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Especially first thing in the morning when there's been rain around all week - if it's going to do anything off the seam it will be early on, so why not attack the top of off stump to start with?
Sometimes going back to the basics is hard. It’s really simple as to what the plan is for the bowling team.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't describe how stupid this is to Sarfaraz. They genuinely appear convinced that his cut shot is his weakness and look absolutely baffled that he keeps hitting it for four.
They seem to be operating on some sort of 'strength can be your weakness' sort of plan, which has spectacularly failed.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, Smithy's got that wrong (although someone might have said bowler's). That is a poor throw by Conway. That was miles wide of the stumps and still would have required an underarm at the stumps

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah, Smithy's got that wrong (although someone might have said bowler's). That is a poor throw by Conway
Yeah my first instinct was to ask "who was that with the pea shooter arm" but by the same token, the keeper shouldn't be haring out like that. It's coming to his end!