• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli's finally been working on his shot range. Seen a few cuts, sweeps and dances down the wicket from him more recently. Just needs the square drive now instead of trying to cover drive things on 8th stump.

Spark

Global Moderator
This isn't great from NZ here. Bowling both sides of the wicket with no discernible plan; why are they insisting on bowling at the batsman's hip so much?

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Seems to be the prototypical subcontinental batsman tbh. Strong bottom hand and superb bat face control with those low hands but he'll probably have problems with bounce.
I'd give him chances just for the immense nuisance value he brings. And who knows, he might have some ace up his sleeve against pace too. One can hope; he's got such folk hero potential.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'd give him chances just for the immense nuisance value he brings. And who knows, he might have some ace up his sleeve against pace. One can hope; he's got such folk hero potential.
Oh no he should definitely play. It's just that we've seen batsmen who play like him go down to Aus and typically struggle innumerable times over the years.

King Kane

International Regular
We still have a lead of 160 odd but Kohli looks like he is in Superhero mode and Sarfaraz is playing the Robin to his Batman.

We need a Joker to combat them.

King Kane

International Regular
I tried to argue with my Indian doctor who was the better batsman out of Rohit and Kohli, he argued for Rohit and I argued for Kohli, he's better in tests.

Kohli is proving me right once again.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gavaskar with the cliche homage to SC batsmen's prowess off the pads. The rest of the world dreads legside filth obviously.
Lol it's so dumb. The reason guys like Azhar, VVS etc. were special is because they could flick it effortlessly from middle or even off stump. Invoking this cliche for bog standard flicks to crap balls on leg stump really ticks me off.