• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best players in certain age ranges

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Every single post on this forum is an opinion I don’t get why you are getting so bent out of shape? Make your own lists if you want.

I gave my reasons why I didn’t choose Anderson and I obviously did consider him but apparently not picking him is just blasphemous to you lol. Grow up.
Grow up? Mate, you're the one struggling to cope with his precious little list being critiqued.

This always cracks me up. If someone posts something of course it's their opinion, who else's would it be 😆
Would normally agree with this, but if you post like it's a fact then it gets called out.

Coronis

International Coach
Grow up? Mate, you're the one struggling to cope with his precious little list being critiqued.
I’m not? You started chucking a tantrum saying I was ignoring Anderson and when I explained my reasons for not selecting him (which were agreed to be valid by others) you accused me of being biased against him and didn’t even consider him and have been whinging ever since.

PlayerComparisons

International Regular
Again you’re literally just looking at totals and averages at face value, which is a pretty ignorant way to rate a player. Should I say Hayden is better than Viv? He has more runs and more tons at a better average.
Pretty sure Molehill rates Cook and Broad as ATGs because of their runs/wickets tally lol

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I’m not? You started chucking a tantrum saying I was ignoring Anderson and when I explained my reasons for not selecting him (which were agreed to be valid by others) you accused me of being biased against him and didn’t even consider him and have been whinging ever since.
Just trying to help you see sense, but I shall retire now as the lady is clearly not for turning…

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Make me see sense… by saying an equal stat is better without any context.
Who said it was equal? He’s got 61 more wickets.

Being serious for a mo, I do think you when get to that age that longevity and stamina are qualities that should be seriously considered. Most cricketers are normally retired by now, not churning out freakish numbers.

Coronis

International Coach
Who said it was equal? He’s got 61 more wickets.

Being serious for a mo, I do think you when get to that age that longevity and stamina are qualities that should be seriously considered. Most cricketers are normally retired by now, not churning out freakish numbers.
He’s only got 61 more wickets because he had the opportunity to play more because of English test spam.

The whole point was looking at players performances at various ages not over various amounts of tests.

Hadlee was also turning out “freakish” numbers at that stage. I also wouldn’t be bringing up stamina for Anderson since he missed like, a third of the matches England played in that time period.

PlayerComparisons

International Regular
He’s only got 61 more wickets because he had the opportunity to play more because of English test spam.

The whole point was looking at players performances at various ages not over various amounts of tests.

Hadlee was also turning out “freakish” numbers at that stage. I also wouldn’t be bringing up stamina for Anderson since he missed like, a third of the matches England played in that time period.
A WPM of 3.77 is not that freakish anyways

Johan

U19 Captain
A WPM of 3.77 is not that freakish anyways
tbf, Anderson is a swing/seamer so it makes sense his WPM is a little lower, that doesn't take away from the fact he was difficult to hit and thus built preassure and the biggest plus of such bowlers being the ability to take out the top order batsmen, what's the wicket distribution of Anderson vs Cunmins by batting order?