• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have a burning question...

Whenever I look up Akash Deep on say, Cricinfo, it's always romanised as two words: 'Akash Deep'. However, it's more often written by posters here as one: 'Akashdeep'. Which is more correct?

PaulLennon

U19 Cricketer
I have a burning question...

Whenever I look up Akash Deep on say, Cricinfo, it's always romanised as two words: 'Akash Deep'. However, it's more often written by posters here as one: 'Akashdeep'. Which is more correct?
Former

Deep is his last name. He is not Punjabi who often have "deep" and "preet" as part of first name.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
It’s been bucketing all morning, probably kills any hopes of play tomorrow. (So much for planning ahead and getting the day off). India to escape with a draw, then..

Last edited:

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
At best a delayed morning session looks likely.
Gem of a scheduling by BCCI in that SW monsoon season. If not North then Kolkata would have been ideal this time of the year

Last edited:

Moss

International Vice-Captain
At best a delayed morning session looks likely.
Gem of a scheduling by BCCI in that SW monsoon season. If not North then Kolkata would have been ideal this time of the year
Yeah risky choice of venue for this time of the year. Frustrating though as BLR doesn’t get tests that regularly of late - only 3 have been played since that 2012 test against NZ. The 2015 one against SA was in November and was also rained out after one day’s play.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain

Thala_0710

U19 Debutant
There are now reports of Gill possibly missing the first test due to a stiff neck. If that happens, most likely Rahul goes at 3 and sarfaraz at 5. Could be a blessing in disguise if Sarfaraz actually takes the opportunity and cements his place there so that Gill could replace Rahul on his comeback

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Gem of a scheduling by BCCI in that SW monsoon season.
The IMD actually announced end of SW Monsoon as of today. Unfortunately onset of NE is also happening today... I dunno if Bengaluru is getting its rains from the system pulling away on the Arabian sea side or the one pulling in from Bay of Bengal which is lashing Chennai aws. If its the former we may well be good to go tomorrow. If its the latter, hopefully the damage is minimal and contained.