• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand tour of India 2024

sayon basak

State Vice-Captain
There are now reports of Gill possibly missing the first test due to a stiff neck. If that happens, most likely Rahul goes at 3 and sarfaraz at 5. Could be a blessing in disguise if Sarfaraz actually takes the opportunity and cements his place there so that Gill could replace Rahul on his comeback
Nice.... don't think Gill is good enough anyway.

PaulLennon

U19 Cricketer
Yeah risky choice of venue for this time of the year. Frustrating though as BLR doesn’t get tests that regularly of late - only 3 have been played since that 2012 test against NZ. The 2015 one against SA was in November and was also rained out after one day’s play.
Considering the number of venues, 3 per decade sounds all right.

Even Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai must have 3-4 since then

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
They claim that even after several hours of rain, it only takes them handful of "minutes" to get play started. All the water is absorbed below the surface so no puddles ever remain on the field. So if rain stops, expect play to start within half an hour even after a heavy downpour. Given this, we may get 3 days worth of play at least but with breaks here and there.

Sunil1z

International Regular
They claim that even after several hours of rain, it only takes them handful of "minutes" to get play started. All the water is absorbed below the surface so no puddles ever remain on the field. So if rain stops, expect play to start within half an hour even after a heavy downpour. Given this, we may get 3 days worth of play at least but with breaks here and there.
It is the only place where India test has been cancelled due to rains in last 10 years iirc ( vs SA ) . So I doubt these claims .932328DA-2EBE-4338-97F2-D15DD895CFE8.jpeg

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is the only place where India test has been cancelled due to rains in last 10 years iirc ( vs SA ) . So I doubt these claims .View attachment 41962
They upgraded their system in 2017 or something which was after this game. This video is pretty telling -

Chinnaswamy Stadium’s drainage system explained

The Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru has one of the best drainage systems in Bengaluru. The stadium uses the SubAir system that was installed by the Karnataka State Cricket Association in 2017. The sub-surface aeration and vacuum-powered drainage system is beneficial in such a way that it helps the ground get ready for a match in just 15 minutes since rain stoppage, irrespective of how heavy the rain is.

According to a report in Sportstar, in order to build the entire system, it costed around Rs 4.25 crore, including about four kilometres of pipe length that has been in use.

IPL playoffs scenarios | How RCB and CSK can qualify for playoffs ahead of marquee clash in Bengaluru

One example of the best use of this system was during the Royal Challengers Bengaluru vs Gujarat Titans clash in Bengaluru in IPL 2023, when fans witnessed a full game despite heavy rain.

“The ICC delegation [ahead of the 2023 ODI World Cup] that visited the stadium was most impressed with the SubAir system. Even a big puddle disappears in seconds; it works like magic,” KSCA vice president B Sampath Kumar had said last year, as reported by Sportstar.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
They basically have space to drain the water down and then pump it outward under the surface. It most probably does have the best facilities to start the game within minutes after rain stops. Hopefully we get no more than 4 sessions play lost full game as someone said earlier.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
With the amount of money that BCCI has, why can't they implement this as a standard in all major test centres in India? Is it that cost prohibitive?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Ha cricket fans. Talk about pitch conditions, red soils, black soils, the weather and drainage.

Why aren't we popular with women?
Because women like boring things that relate to weather, like hanging out the washing and whether children's play dates will go ahead.

I've been with my wife 12 years and still not adequately explained the concept of a five day Test...the fact that I can be sitting there on Thursday morning, then on Monday afternoon I'm still dialled into the same game.

the big bambino

International Captain
Because women like boring things that relate to weather, like hanging out the washing and whether children's play dates will go ahead.

I've been with my wife 12 years and still not adequately explained the concept of a five day Test...the fact that I can be sitting there on Thursday morning, then on Monday afternoon I'm still dialled into the same game.
There was a time I was in San Diego and spent some time walking around exploring. While waiting at lights before crossing a road, I saw 2 cyclists and could hear them talking about cricket (which was an amazing coincidence). They were Americans and one said to the other that cricket games lasted 5 days and asked the other guy can you believe that? He replied that was pretty wild, or something, and they cycled away.

I've always generalised that Americans and women don't get cricket and I've never talked about the game to my wife. I guess other fans can sense the reluctance of their significant others and refrain from ever making it a topic. Sites like CW provide a good outlet. Who knows it might even save marriages.