• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 Women's T20 World Cup thread

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Wisden has it as England having a margin of 2 run defeat.

As I suspected. But I’ve seen little to suggest England won’t win comfortably anyway. But you never know….

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For those of us in NZ, 3am is a brutal start time for the White Ferns game tonight. Not doable at all when there's a really big work day looming on Tuesday. I'll just have to hope I wake up to some good news in the morning.

josephina

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Darcie Brown is having a shocker. Bowled 4 wides and dropped a catch and got dropped.

Brought back in because of injury to Tayla Vlaeminck.

Then bowled 1 over and dropped a hard catch.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Decent start by NZ but then lost wickets and run rate now crawling. Ingenious plan to give a target small enough for Pakistan to try chasing fast enough to qualify, causing them to take risks?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Despite all the drops NZ only on track for 105-110, which Pakistan would need to chase in about 10 overs to qualify themselves. But fairly high chance to win slower and put India through.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Another 3 sitters. Whoever is at long on wants shooting!!

What's even funnier is that despite bowling virtually every over by a spinner, they've had to bring a fielder in for a slow over rate.

Edit: 4 sitters, deep mid wicket joins the club. Horrific and comical!!

davidba90

Cricket Spectator
Haha, they finally held one off the final ball. Feel for Dar, ends with 1-26, probably should've been 4-16!!
Omg, the catching has been embarrassing. Really doesn't help to sell the women's game. A wretched time for Pakistani cricket even if they win this one.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
8 drops in 20 overs - one every 15 balls, must be a record.

Do Pakistan have anyone capable of scoring at 10s? Looks like they've promoted an opener.