• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 Women's T20 World Cup thread

Spark

Global Moderator
These games have not been a great advertisement for the sport IMO. Especially when compared to what's going on at franchise level.

James

Cricket Web Owner
It's the good White Ferns today. Awesome to see.
Was coming in to post the same thing. Great to see them put in some decent performances in the tournament so far considering I think most people wouldn't have expected much from them.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Imagine India have to beat or tie with Australia, losing would decrease NRR whilst New Zealand will know what they have to do to both beat Pakistan and increase their NRR to above India's.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Proteas win but didn't do enough regarding nrr. If we go out we will back to the west Indies and Bangladesh were we had the chance to lift the nrr

These games have not been a great advertisement for the sport IMO. Especially when compared to what's going on at franchise level.
World cups in UAE don't generally provide conditions for exciting cricket. The last men's T20 WC was also not great.
The poor crowds don't help make it a spectacle either.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Proteas win but didn't do enough regarding nrr. If we go out we will back to the west Indies and Bangladesh were we had the chance to lift the nrr
I think they missed a trick by not sending Tryon in at 3. She's not had a great tournament so far but she is the biggest hitter in the team and would have been a good option to try to boost the run rate. There would still have been enough batting to win the match if she didn't come off, so there wasn't much to lose by pushing her up the order.

Heboric

International Debutant
I suppose they could have bowled out Bangladesh for 20 I guess 8-). Post match interviews were saying that wicket was very tricky to bat on, and all those chances the Bangers had backs that up.

According to our favourite "jounalist" the NRR actually went down even though the team won :confused1

Last edited: