• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 Women's T20 World Cup thread

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep well done NZ ladies, already performed above expectations which hopefully should see them play with a little less pressure in the semis especially if they do meet powerhouse England as expected. Personally from a NZ POV I hope WI get up, because while they can be brilliant on their day, they are more inconsistent.

Incidentally, Rosemary Mair has been a great find with the ball!

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its a brutal format but its no excuse, coz they all knew what it was coming in.

Now, if a broader discussion on whether they should look at something like the super 6 from the 1999 and 2003 WCs. That is a different story. My opinion on round robin or league play is that if there is a reasonable number of teams, at least half of them should be able to qualify. So if its a 10 team WC and we have two groups of 5, I would rather have a super 6 stage than straight semis. But they wanted a short tournament, I guess.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
India had one bad game and are out. Hard to believe that England could have one bad game and be out too.
Not really the same. India are out because they only won 2 out of 4 matches. If England went out today they would only have lost once. But I fully expect England to win today, and I hope they do too. Not just because I'm English, but I think they're the only team who can truly challenge the Aussies and it would make for a great Final.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Its the way most world cups work across sport. Its what makes them exciting.
It's a consequence of having small pools. One slip up means you could be gone. It does mean that it's sometimes the team who makes the least mistakes that's successful, even if they wouldn't necessarily be regarded as the "best" team, but that makes for a more interesting narrative and works for the better.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't realise it's 10 years since the WI last beat England in a T20 outside the Caribbean, and have lost 13 on the trot since 2018. So obviously this will be the one they win.....

WI win toss and bowl.....

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone's game. Our bowling was completely absent against SA. It's come well in the next two games against Scotland and Bangladesh. Karishma will be the key.

Stefan9

International Debutant
It's a consequence of having small pools. One slip up means you could be gone. It does mean that it's sometimes the team who makes the least mistakes that's successful, even if they wouldn't necessarily be regarded as the "best" team, but that makes for a more interesting narrative and works for the better.
Its how cup competitions work. If we want to establish the best we would use a proper league format but it doesn't provide the spectacle that knockout cup competitions do and the TV companies crave.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Has Capsey done that much at this level? There probably aren't many alternative batters but she seldom performs. England might rue not having Beaumont.
Well she never got a chance today, although it perhaps highlighted her lack of athleticism compared to Dottin.

I suspect 130 will be enough here given the quality of the bowling attack.