• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024–25 Australian Domestic Season

Qlder

International Debutant
Angus Lovell is currently 161* opening for Qld 2nd XI vs Vics. Looks an easy swap for Khawaja when he's on Test duties.

(His competition Bryce Street made 18 off 67 balls)

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Agnus Lovell is currently 161* opening for Qld 2nd XI vs Vics. Looks an easy swap for Khawaja when he's on Test duties.

(His competition Bryce Street made 18 off 67 balls)
Street's had a pretty good time in grade cricket and the second XI stuff before this, no?

Qlder

International Debutant
Street's had a pretty good time in grade cricket and the second XI stuff before this, no?
This is the first 2nd XI game of the season. I now Lovell did pretty well in 2nd XI last year as he got his Shield debut from it. I don't really follow Street as he scores too slow for my liking 😉

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
This is the first 2nd XI game of the season. I now Lovell did pretty well in 2nd XI last year as he got his Shield debut from it. I don't really follow Street as he scores too slow for my liking 😉
Is this the first 2nd XI game of the season? I thought there'd been more. You can't tell me you don't enjoy street grinding his way to (20*) 100 before ending on a 40 SR? It's poetry in motion.

Qlder

International Debutant
Is this the first 2nd XI game of the season? I thought there'd been more. You can't tell me you don't enjoy street grinding his way to (20*) 100 before ending on a 40 SR? It's poetry in motion.
You're right, this is game 2 and I missed game 1 where Street made 109 & 6 and Lovell 20 & 31

Maybe they both play when Khawaja and Labuschagne are away with discarded test opener Renshaw at 3

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty sure that Queensland were tapped on the shoulder by CA about Renshaw opening & didn’t do Street any favours

Didn’t help himself of course as he hasn’t made the most of his opportunities after a promising start

Qlder

International Debutant
Oh ffs. Maybe I should have asked "Why?" instead.
You're going to lose it when you find out there are also 3 T20I's vs Pak after those 3 ODI's 😀

Pakistan whiteball goes right up to 3 days before the 1st Test vs India

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
So Pakistan and India are both coming to Aus in the same summer, and no one thought to get them up against each other in some kind of tri-series? Disappointing
They absolutely tried IMO, there's been chatter about CA and the MCC trying to rustle up a bilateral series in Australia for years and that chatter got very loud after the T20 WC game that was staged here. But it really doesn't seem like anyone else is interested.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah I don't think it's really in the hands of any of the cricket boards. I'm sure they would have loved to do it. India/Pakistan is World Cup and Asia Cup.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Has Fraser-McGurk been dropped by SA?

Can’t really blame them
AFAIR he wasn't available for the white ball stuff because of AUS duty and was left out of the red ball stuff. It's a bit weird given they've got 31 yo, FC average of 20 after 16 games conor McInerney in there over him, but I think Mcgurk doesn't exactly want to open after doing it last shield season, and you can't exactly blame SA for leaving him out when head and carey are available.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
AFAIR he wasn't available for the white ball stuff because of AUS duty and was left out of the red ball stuff. It's a bit weird given they've got 31 yo, FC average of 20 after 16 games conor McInerney in there over him, but I think Mcgurk doesn't exactly want to open after doing it last shield season, and you can't exactly blame SA for leaving him out when head and carey are available.
Pretty strange as you’d think that CA would insist upon his selection

Qlder

International Debutant
Angus Lovell showing what it's like to open at the Junction Oval, scoring 250* for Qld 2nd XI

Will Sutherland in his return from injury has got through 15 overs (0-32)

Last edited:

Qlder

International Debutant
Trying to sort through the busy schedule:

20-23 Oct - Shield
Vic vs NSW, Qld vs SA, WA vs Tas

25 Oct - One Day Cup
Vic vs NSW, Qld vs SA, WA vs Tas

31 Oct - 3 Nov
Australia A vs India A

1-4 Nov - Shield
NSW vs Qld, Tas vs WA, SA vs Vic