• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 Women's T20 World Cup thread

Stefan9

International Debutant
Both groups schedule are exposing issues with cricket scheduling. NZ and West Indies have a clear advantage over India & SA by playing last.

Last edited:

Stefan9

International Debutant
I suppose they could have bowled out Bangladesh for 20 I guess 8-). Post match interviews were saying that wicket was very tricky to bat on, and all those chances the Bangers had backs that up.

According to our favourite "jounalist" the NRR actually went down even though the team won :confused1
Sure but sometimes one needs to be brave, the 12 wides didn't help either. Also as mentioned not just the Bangladesh game there was also a chance in the west Indies game to lift nrr. Small details matter in world cups.

Sadly our journo is right this time. Our nrr did drop. Before the game it was 1.527 dropped to 1.382

Third_Man

State 12th Man
I suppose they could have bowled out Bangladesh for 20 I guess 8-). Post match interviews were saying that wicket was very tricky to bat on, and all those chances the Bangers had backs that up.

According to our favourite "jounalist" the NRR actually went down even though the team won :confused1
That's always possible and would be true if the NRR of the latest win was less than the NRR before the last match.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
Both groups schedule are exposing issues with cricket scheduling. NZ and West Indies have a clear advantage over India & SA by playing last.
Someone has to play last unless they schedule two games at the same time (TV rights might not allow) and even then one team in a group of 5 has already finished.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Someone has to play last unless they schedule two games at the same time (TV rights might not allow) and even then one team in a group of 5 has already finished.
Football has all last round games in a goup at the same time. Think its quite an advantage to know what you need to do.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
England did the expected job on Scotland. Now even with a defeat against WI should qualify unless they are hammered and badly effect their NRR compared to RSA. Am sure they will want to avoid playing Aus.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
England did the expected job on Scotland. Now even with a defeat against WI should qualify unless they are hammered and badly effect their NRR compared to RSA. Am sure they will want to avoid playing Aus.
I’ll do the numbers tomorrow morning, but I suspect England will need to win to go through.

But they ought to anyway.

Stefan9

International Debutant
I’ll do the numbers tomorrow morning, but I suspect England will need to win to go through.

But they ought to anyway.
Wisden has it as England having a margin of 2 run defeat.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Our lack of depth in batting was always going to come back to haunt us. But hope women's cricket keeps going on the up and up in India and by the next tourney we have a proper lineup that can bat all the way down.