• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 Women's T20 World Cup thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apprehensive about the upcoming NZ-SL game this weekend. Breaking it down to player-versus-player matchups, I do believe NZ wins 10 of the 11.

But the other one is Chamari.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
In England’s favor is that they have two games to get there
If WI were to beat England then it would mean that those 2 plus SA will likely all be on 3 wins and 1 defeat. It's starting to look like England will have the worse NRR. So this becomes effectively a QF. On form so far, you'd have England as big favourites, but if one of the WI big hitters gets going then you never know.....

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
Apprehensive about the upcoming NZ-SL game this weekend. Breaking it down to player-versus-player matchups, I do believe NZ wins 10 of the 11.

But the other one is Chamari.
Chamari isn’t having the best tournament and that has impacted us quite a bit. Other bats haven’t done enough as well so I dislike placing the blame on her - she’s a superstar no matter what.

NZ are very good with the ball so I think we struggle unless Chamari decides this is the day to break something. She does seem to like the Kiwis.

Third_Man

State 12th Man
If WI were to beat England then it would mean that those 2 plus SA will likely all be on 3 wins and 1 defeat. It's starting to look like England will have the worse NRR. So this becomes effectively a QF. On form so far, you'd have England as big favourites, but if one of the WI big hitters gets going then you never know.....
England could rectify any NRR against Scotland (e.g. by winning in the 12th over as the WI did) , then know (potentially) by how much/quickly the WI have to beat England by in the final group match.

SillyCowCorner1

SA’s path is easier because they have only one match to beat a lesser team. England v West Indies was always going to be must win for either team. I think England got it better though, with a chance of improving their NRr

SillyCowCorner1

And that's all she wrote, a dominant bowling performance by Australia to bowl out Pakistan for just only 82 (their 5th lowest score in T20 WCs)