• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Coronis

International Coach
Bill Lawry bowled left handed, he definitely gets in; Roy Fredericks is another option. Frank Woolley is easily ahead of Lehmann overall IMO. Was surprised how many lefties bowled right armed.
Nah Lawry is an overrated (on CW) HTB. I’ll take Morris. Woolley I considered but I’ve already got a full fledged attack + Sobers and Border, I’ll take the extra batting. Besides, Lehmann wasn’t a half bad chucker himself.

I did forget him. Probably comes in for Starc.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Nah Lawry is an overrated (on CW) HTB. I’ll take Morris. Woolley I considered but I’ve already got a full fledged attack + Sobers and Border, I’ll take the extra batting. Besides, Lehmann wasn’t a half bad chucker himself.

I did forget him. Probably comes in for Starc.
Lawry is definitely ahead of Anwar imo. Woolley overall I would place ahead of Lehmann as well, given there's only 1 proper spinner (not counting Sobers as a spinner and Border was mostly part timer at best).

capt_Luffy

International Captain
De Kock threw with his right. May as well stick with Gilchrist.
Googled and it gave me de Kock bowled left arm offies...... I mean, I remember Tymal Mills throwing with his right while bowling 150+ with his left.
Re Gilchrist, I actually remember him taking a wicket in IPL with his right arm.

Bolo.

International Captain
Googled and it gave me de Kock bowled left arm offies...... I mean, I remember Tymal Mills throwing with his right while bowling 150+ with his left.
Re Gilchrist, I actually remember him taking a wicket in IPL with his right arm.
IDK. Never saw him bowl. Favoured his right for thowing IIRC, and batted kinda like he had the dominant hand on top. If he'd be ambidextrous, I think we would have heard. Error in google maybe?

Coronis

International Coach
IDK. Never saw him bowl. Favoured his right for thowing IIRC, and batted kinda like he had the dominant hand on top. If he'd be ambidextrous, I think we would have heard. Error in google maybe?
Apparently he bowled 1 over in FC cricket at one point. Conceded 9 runs. Unable to find any more info atm.

Coronis

International Coach
Found it actually

No mention of de Kock’s bowling unfortunately.

There was a CW thread on that tour, mentions the game a few times by posters but who knows if they actually saw him bowl.

kyear2

International Coach
Saw a post in the India re run thread basically saying that there are 3 A tier players (two established one potential) on that team. Which made me think how many A tier players for each team

Australia (8)
Bradman
Chappell
Smith
Ponting / Border
Gilchrist
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

West Indies (7.5)
Headley
Richards
Lara
Sobers
Marshall
Ambrose
Holding
Garner(?)

South Africa (6)
Richards
Kallis
Pollock
Steyn
Donald
Procter / Pollock(?)

England (4.5)
Hobbs
Hutton
Hammond
Knott
Trueman(?)

Pakistan (2.5)
Imran
Wasim
Waqar(?)

India (3.5)
Gavaskar
Tendulkar
Dravid(?)
Bumrah

New Zealand (1)
Hadlee

Sri Lanka (2)
Muralitharan
Sangakkara

Just my opinion guys

Coronis

International Coach
Saw a post in the India re run thread basically saying that there are 3 A tier players (two established one potential) on that team. Which made me think how many A tier players for each team

Australia (8)
Bradman
Chappell
Smith
Ponting / Border
Gilchrist
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

West Indies (7.5)
Headley
Richards
Lara
Sobers
Marshall
Ambrose
Holding
Garner(?)

South Africa (6)
Richards
Kallis
Pollock
Steyn
Donald
Procter / Pollock(?)

England (4.5)
Hobbs
Hutton
Hammond
Knott
Trueman(?)

Pakistan (2.5)
Imran
Wasim
Waqar(?)

India (3.5)
Gavaskar
Tendulkar
Dravid(?)
Bumrah

New Zealand (1)
Hadlee

Sri Lanka (2)
Muralitharan
Sangakkara

Just my opinion guys
What’s A tier meant to be?

ataraxia

International Coach

Australia (8)
Bradman
Chappell
Smith
Ponting / Border
Gilchrist
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

West Indies (7.5)
Headley
Richards
Lara
Sobers
Marshall
Ambrose
Holding
Garner(?)

South Africa (6)
Richards
Kallis
Pollock
Steyn
Donald
Procter / Pollock(?)

England (4.5)
Hobbs
Hutton
Hammond
Knott
Trueman(?)

Pakistan (2.5)
Imran
Wasim
Waqar(?)

India (3.5)
Gavaskar
Tendulkar
Dravid(?)
Bumrah

New Zealand (1)
Hadlee

Sri Lanka (2)
Muralitharan
Sangakkara

Just my opinion guys
Bumrah as a top 10 pace bowler and omitting O'Reilly and Nourse are crimes.

Thala_0710

U19 12th Man

Australia (8)
Bradman
Chappell
Smith
Ponting / Border
Gilchrist
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

West Indies (7.5)
Headley
Richards
Lara
Sobers
Marshall
Ambrose
Holding
Garner(?)

South Africa (6)
Richards
Kallis
Pollock
Steyn
Donald
Procter / Pollock(?)

England (4.5)
Hobbs
Hutton
Hammond
Knott
Trueman(?)

Pakistan (2.5)
Imran
Wasim
Waqar(?)

India (3.5)
Gavaskar
Tendulkar
Dravid(?)
Bumrah

New Zealand (1)
Hadlee

Sri Lanka (2)
Muralitharan
Sangakkara

Just my opinion guys
How close are Root and Miandad to the A tier? And if going by potential only, Pant might also be in the A tier in the future

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant

Australia (8)
Bradman
Chappell
Smith
Ponting / Border
Gilchrist
Warne
Lillee
McGrath

West Indies (7.5)
Headley
Richards
Lara
Sobers
Marshall
Ambrose
Holding
Garner(?)

South Africa (6)
Richards
Kallis
Pollock
Steyn
Donald
Procter / Pollock(?)

England (4.5)
Hobbs
Hutton
Hammond
Knott
Trueman(?)

Pakistan (2.5)
Imran
Wasim
Waqar(?)

India (3.5)
Gavaskar
Tendulkar
Dravid(?)
Bumrah

New Zealand (1)
Hadlee

Sri Lanka (2)
Muralitharan
Sangakkara

Just my opinion guys
How does Alan Davidson not make the elite category?

Great Left armers are rare , he took his wickets at 20 plus he could bat and an excellent fielder

Qlder

International Debutant

Australia (8)
Bradman
Chappell
Smith
Ponting / Border
Gilchrist
Warne
Lillee
McGrath
You only need to add a pair of openers and Lindwall/Davidson and you have the whole Aussie ATG XI on tier A (whatever that means)