• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to India in Australia 2024-25

Gob

International Coach
Lot of people are concerned about Aust batting and rightly so but I feel the bowling of Lyon and Starc going to be equally critical

Starc has been notoriously bad against India at home (without checking I won't be surprised if his home average against India to be above 60). Lyon is obviously brilliant in India but he has been pretty mediocre against them in Aus since perth 19. You'd assume Cummins and Haze are going to be very good so it's important the other two stand up especially now that they will be without green.

govinda indian fan

U19 Cricketer
Lot of people are concerned about Aust batting and rightly so but I feel the bowling of Lyon and Starc going to be equally critical

Starc has been notoriously bad against India at home (without checking I won't be surprised if his home average against India to be above 60). Lyon is obviously brilliant in India but he has been pretty mediocre against them in Aus since perth 19. You'd assume Cummins and Haze are going to be very good so it's important the other two stands up especially now that they will be without green.
Starc might do well this time around

govinda indian fan

U19 Cricketer

Starc has been notoriously bad against India at home (without checking I won't be surprised if his home average against India to be above 60). Lyon is obviously brilliant in India but he has been pretty mediocre against them in Aus since perth 19. You'd assume Cummins and Haze are going to be very good so it's important the other two stand up especially now that they will be without green.
Think pant and jaiswal (if he survives) might target lyon

Gob

International Coach
Starc might do well this time around
He has become a better test bowler since 21 Ashes despite being pretty dire in lo stuff other than the occasional burst. Most notable contributing factor is the scrambled seam back of the length ball that bowls now. He was floating them up for most of his early years hoping for swing, conventional or reverse, but when both desert him, he was always going to be innocuous

Arachnodouche

International Captain
India disappointed at Green possibly not playing. A threat at gully to be sure but feel like he works in our favor while batting and bowling: either too much of a slowpoke before getting out anyway or bowls good-looking but ultimately innocuous up-and-down fare that noone feels unsettled by. Also, ridiculously usurps Smith's home position. Does Smith come back down to 4 now?

govinda indian fan

U19 Cricketer
India disappointed at Green possibly not playing. A threat at gully to be sure but feel like he works in our favor while batting and bowling: either too much of a slowpoke before getting out anyway or bowls good-looking but ultimately innocuous up-and-down fare that noone feels unsettled by. Also, ridiculously usurps Smith's home position. Does Smith come back down to 4 now?
No green will still play

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I've been calling for Starc and Lyon to be dropped since like 2014

I will be vindicated one day

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This would open a opportunity for India big time in Perth.
Could be a low scoring shootout in that case.
Nah fast and bouncy doesn't need to mean seam-friendly

If Aus were to prepare wickets for the best chance of winning they should be going for hard, fast, bouncy, flat wickets. A green seamer just hurts their batsmen as much as it does India's.

Typical Perth wickets from the 90s/00s could be pretty high scoring as well as being fast and bouncy as ****