• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka

Silver Silva

International Regular
In theory this is a prolific batsman's dream , no pressure to take any risks , 2 and a half days to bat ..Williamson is capable of doing it .

thundaboult

International Debutant
Kane will score 5 runs in 407 balls. That's his gameplan. Put the pressure back on the oppo? Whats that? Look to score. Whats that?

I can't believe there was a time many years ago where I used to enjoy watching him bat in tests. Whoever this guy is, ain't kw. He was at his best when he used to look to score runs instead of blockball. He's turned into pujara when there was no need to. And i feel strongly about this because its kw and i respect his ability. He is one of THE guys. Latham, blundell, southee, conway and santner ability wise are just meh and nowhere near that level.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
In theory this is a prolific batsman's dream , no pressure to take any risks , 2 and a half days to bat ..Williamson is capable of doing it .
Yeah as much as I want this to be the case, we're far too mentally weak (and Prabath far too good) for this to be true. We're not imploding like this if you guys score 350.

ataraxia

International Coach
And
Kane will score 5 runs in 407 balls. That's his gameplan. Put the pressure back on the oppo? Whats that? Look to score. Whats that?

I can't believe there was a time many years ago where I used to enjoy watching him bat in tests. Whoever this guy is, ain't kw. He was at his best when he used to look to score runs instead of blockball. He's turned into pujara when there was no need to.
^ this is a prime example of the attitude that cost the wickets of NZ's entire middle order.

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
Depends how many defeats like this stack up I guess. No place to hide playing three tests in India next.

Though the regular public and media don't pay much attention unless it's the home summer, admittedly.
3 losses vs India would be what, 7 in a row? That would be one of our worst losing streaks ever, surely.
If we lose vs England, the knives will be out, surely? Can't tolerate a loss to them.

At this point, for me the legacy of the "Golden Generation" is being shredded to pieces, & I don't care. The axe needs to swing. At least start with taking some different faces to India.

ataraxia

International Coach
I think we could pinch a few more singles to that deepish cover-point position. The great thing is that we've got GP in a similar position so that isn't a possibility for SL.

Chubb

International Regular
Conway probably taking the right approach here. Hit out to try to get back into form in a no pressure situation.

ataraxia

International Coach
That's a great sign of the old Conway. I hope he has the run of the luck in this innings and returns to his old self.

Moss

International Vice-Captain

I can't believe there was a time many years ago where I used to enjoy watching him bat in tests. Whoever this guy is, ain't kw. He was at his best when he used to look to score runs instead of blockball. He's turned into pujara when there was no need to. And i feel strongly about this because its kw and i respect his ability. He is one of THE guys. Latham, blundell, southee, conway and santner ability wise are just meh and nowhere near that level.
All theorizing and pop psychology of course but with all the injuries, T20 ups and downs and captaincy issues Kane has seemed relatively joyless on the field for the last 3-4 years (though the test stats will say otherwise). Never saw the tendency to go so much into his shell in the first half of his career. Really hope he can rediscover it somehow.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Afghans must have fancied themselves against this NZ lot. Those Noida rains were probably a blessing in disguise for them.