• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think the bowling was a problem, just the selection of bowlers. That feels like something not in the purview of the bowling coach but I could be wrong.
Unquestionably not picking the one world class bowler we have was a significant issue. I still can't get over how dumb that is.

If you're a Sri Lankan opening or top order batsman and you see Matt Henry isn't playing but Southee is, you're over the moon.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Why does this feel like a resurgence for SL but like…these 5 guys have been the core of their batting for years?
There are a couple of those, Mathews and Chandimal who you wouldn't have thought would have that much longer left. It is more that they have enough players of a decent enough and younger age as well as good enough pace bowling options that they should at least be more competitive at home and away. I will only say that they should really bemoan their 2nd test performance in England at Lord's. Their play from late on day 1 of that game was so poor against a very nervy England team.

Silver Silva

International Regular