• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka

Spark

Global Moderator
Well NZ definitely are up against it after that first innings by SL, but the pitch must be pretty flat so they should be able to put together some sort of total in response.

Now let me grab this glass of water before I check the score...

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
kamindu is the new bradman. how many new bradmans have there been? usually after about 20 tests, if they last that long, their average drops to about 50 [eg brook]. So far Kamindu, 8T 13-2-1004-182*-91.27 4x100 5x50

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Seems to be the way for a few sides now. Only going to get worse too. Only the big 3 can afford to pay the players enough to keep them for all formats.
who are the players NZ are missing to T20 who could be playing here? ok they made only 88, but that top 7 looks pretty strong, stats better than englands top 7, maybe lathams past his best.

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
who are the players NZ are missing to T20 who could be playing here? ok they made only 88, but that top 7 looks pretty strong, stats better than englands top 7, maybe lathams past his best.
Ferguson, Milne, Boult = aging quicks, one played a single Test, another was probably never in the picture
Allen = was never making the Test side
Conway = is still playing Tests

Migara

International Coach
I am not sold on Nishan Peiris. His action looks weird, a right handed version of Santner. I am wondering what has happened to those side on finger spinners who bowled with a slight low arm to get more turn. At least Jayasuriya has the trait. Ramesh Mendis is erratic, but he bowls some venomous stuff in between.

Last edited:

the big bambino

International Captain
Heh were we? With Bradman on that pitch? Ya never know.
I don’t think we’d be on the list if he was fit. I think Fingleton would’ve batted if the game was a contest. Not that would’ve mattered as Fingleton was cooked as a batsman and didn’t figure much more in fc cricket after the tour.

But injuries are part of the game I guess. We were unlucky but **** happens.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looked like SL cricket was heading the Pakistan way for a while so glad to see them make an emphatic statement here. The new K Mendis is a phenomenon. Passes the eye test too so here's hoping he doesn't Jimmy Adams out from here.

slcricfan1

Cricket Spectator
I am not sold on Nishan Peiris. His action looks weird, a right handed version of Santner. I am wondering what has happened to those side of finger spinners who bowled with a slight low arm to get more turn. At least Jayasuriya has the trait. Ramesh Mendis is erratic, but he bowls some venomous stuff in between.
Ramesh holding an end down for Prabath is far more useful imo but agreed, his action appears a little flawed