• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2024–25 Australian Domestic Season

Qlder

International Debutant
So a wash out. Renshaw's 51 (36) and Hearne's 35 (28) looked good, as did Jack Clayton getting a really good 9* (4)

Qlder

International Debutant
Last year champs WA in a bit of strife with 2 losses. How that's happened with their bowling attack is beyond me. Maybe they need Beardman back 😉

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Last year champs WA in a bit of strife with 2 losses. How that's happened with their bowling attack is beyond me. Maybe they need Beardman back 😉
First game was entirely down to Philippe who was their player last season so there's that

Second game blown away by pure Testosterone in the form of Nads-than McMandrew

quite explainable when you think about it

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe? He was in the squad for the NZ tour I think? Or the one before that. Bancroft has also made a ton of county runs since then while renshaw didn't play, so not sure where they are in the opener pecking order.
Renshaw did go to NZ but it wouldn’t surprise me if the selectors are hoping that a guy like Davies performs well before the team is chosen

Qlder

International Debutant
NSW vs SA washed out as well.

Starting the "summer" in September has not worked well with 2 out of 5 games washed out N/R. Hope it's not 3 out 6 with Qld vs Vic in Melbourne tomorrow

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the last two matches had been on opposite dates they'd have got a lot more cricket in. Weather can be annoying like that.

Qlder

International Debutant
So the one-day Cup takes a break for a month after tomorrow's Qld vs Vic game (except one random WA vs Qld on 13th Oct).

All Qld need to do to top the table is beat Victoria with a bonus point. So that would be beat them by 63 runs if batting first, or chase them down by the end of the 40th over if batting 2nd. Easy 😉

TheJediBrah

So that would be beat them by 63 runs if batting first
Is that how the bonus points work? Never used to be. The margin needed for a bonus point would, and should, depend on the total.

463 v 400 isn't as one sided as 123 v 60

Qlder

International Debutant
Is that how the bonus points work? Never used to be. The margin needed for a bonus point would, and should, depend on the total.

463 v 400 isn't as one sided as 123 v 60
Yeah I likely got this wrong. The 2nd innings by 40th over is right batting 2nd. When batting first they have to score 1.25 the run rate of other team. At 50 overs times 1.25 is 62.5 runs so I said 63?

Exact wording is: Any team that achieves victory with a run rate 1.25 times that of the opposition will also receive one bonus point.

So yeah, I was using 1.25 difference rather than 1.25 times.

Last edited:

Burgey

Lol why would you ever shy at the non-Ben McDermott end when attempting a run out?

Qlder

International Debutant
Thank you Peter Siddle. McDermott went from a struggling 5 (21) to 'an about to tee off' 19 (27) in an over 😀

Qlder

International Debutant
This Khawaja bloke looks a pretty decent one-day opening bat. Could be better than McGurk and Short in the ODI squad 😉

Edit: scratch that, he got out to Josh Brown

Last edited: