• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All Time India XI game

Slifer

International Captain
I'll try:

Sunil
Sehwag
Dravid
Sachin
Virat*
Pant+
Jadeja
Kapil
Ashwin
Kumble
Bumrah

Outside India replace one or two spinners with Shami and Srinath.

Johan

U19 Debutant
1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Virat Kohli
6. VVS Laxman
7. Risabh Pant
8. Kapil Dev
9. Ravindra Jadeja
10. Ravichandran Ashwin
11. Jasprit Bumrah

sounds about fine to me, Shami as the replacement for one of the spinners outside Asia.

capt_Luffy

International Captain
1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Virat Kohli
6. VVS Laxman
7. Risabh Pant
8. Kapil Dev
9. Ravindra Jadeja
10. Ravichandran Ashwin
11. Jasprit Bumrah

sounds about fine to me, Shami as the replacement for one of the spinners outside Asia.
Seems a little excess on the batting with Pant, Dev, Jadeja and Ashwin from 7-10. Would bump each of them one place and bring in Shami/Kumble for Laxman.

Johan

U19 Debutant
Seems a little excess on the batting with Pant, Dev, Jadeja and Ashwin from 7-10. Would bump each of them one place and bring in Shami/Kumble for Laxman.
Shami is a fair pick over Laxman yeah, I think either approach works, one is cashing in more on your assets (batting and all rounders) and one is minimizing the weakness (pace bowling, through three pacers).

Majestic

U19 Vice-Captain
1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Virat Kohli
6. VVS Laxman
7. Rishabh Pant(wkt)
8. Kapil Dev
9. Ravichandran Ashwin
10. Mohammad Shami
11. Jasprit Bumrah

SRT can bowl leg spin if needed. 12th man can be Ravindra Jadeja

capt_Luffy

International Captain
1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Virat Kohli
6. VVS Laxman
7. Rishabh Pant(wkt)
8. Kapil Dev
9. Ravichandran Ashwin
10. Mohammad Shami
11. Jasprit Bumrah

An ATG Indian team with a single spinner??? I am gonna puke......

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Virat Kohli
6. VVS Laxman
7. Rishabh Pant(wkt)
8. Kapil Dev
9. Ravichandran Ashwin
10. Mohammad Shami
11. Jasprit Bumrah

Is this a side for a green top in England/NZ?

Xix2565

International Regular
Again, still not enough bowlers. There's no point in stacking the batting this way if it means you reduce the chances of taking 20 wickets.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Ashwin and Jadeja both absolutely in the first XI.. and two of the initial few names to be added. They have won more matches for India than anyone else in history.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Virat Kohli
6. VVS Laxman
7. Rishabh Pant(wkt)
8. Kapil Dev
9. Ravichandran Ashwin
10. Mohammad Shami
11. Jasprit Bumrah

Jadeja for Laxman and this will be the first XI.

kyear2

International Coach
Ashwin and Jadeja both absolutely in the first XI.. and two of the initial few names to be added. They have won more matches for India than anyone else in history.
Not trying to stir up anything, but hasn't there been a not inconsiderable amount of games abroad in his career, that Ashwin wasn't selected? Often for Jadeja?

So if you're selecting a team to play home and abroad and compete everywhere, is the guy who hasn't always been selected in his own era, a definite automatic?

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Not trying to stir up anything, but hasn't there been a not inconsiderable amount of games abroad in his career, that Ashwin wasn't selected? Often for Jadeja?

So if you're selecting a team to play home and abroad and compete everywhere, is the guy who hasn't always been selected in his own era, a definite automatic?
It is not the fault of one that he is the contemporary of another.

Ashwin not getting picked abroad every time in the second half of his career has got more to do with f**ked up selections. He is not a perfect bowler overseas, but India is not spoilt for options anyways.

kyear2

International Coach
It is not the fault of one that he is the contemporary of another.

Ashwin not getting picked abroad every time in the second half of his career has got more to do with f**ked up selections. He is not a perfect bowler overseas, but India is not spoilt for options anyways.
All I'm saying is that if he's not an automatic while he played, and not saying he should or shouldn't be selected, but how is he an automatic here.

That's all

Thala_0710

School Boy/Girl Captain
All I'm saying is that if he's not an automatic while he played, and not saying he should or shouldn't be selected, but how is he an automatic here.

That's all
If we were to make separate home and away Xis for India then Ashwin would be a certainty in the home Xi and would not be picked for the away one. However, if you want an Xi for both home/away conditions then Ashwin isn't a certainty for me. One could go Jadeja/Mankad as the no 7 with Kapil at 8 and Ash/Kumble as the main spinner depending on personal preference.