• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank these 10 cricketers

Majestic

U19 Vice-Captain
RTD had a disproportionate amount of weak teams in his opposition and played barely 60 odd games. Shakib didn't. 2019 WC well establishes the batting hierarchy between the two AND Shakib is a Good frontline bowler.
How many tests Shakib played in Australia, South Africa, England, India and New Zealand?

How many tests Stokes played in these countries excluding England and that's despite going one country less?

Let's calculate the ratio( denominator being total no of matches) and compare.

Shakib is a genuine all rounder no doubt and I am not saying that he is well behind Stokes, I just feel it is close and it is hard to compare because it is not same level playing field for them and when you compare that ratio, you will understand my argument too.

Johan

U19 Debutant
Every player has different peaks or decline, you can't have it as per your suitability. KP's 80 test peak was superb because he was consistent and had the knack of producing special knocks every now and then.

Again, Stokes bowling avg don't justify because all he has managed is picking 157 wickets in 85 tests in his prime lol. That average don't mean as much when he can't even pick more than 2 WPM. He is just a Jacques Kallis level bowler no matter how many times you bring that average in discussion.

With that average, he should average 40 or perform in Australia and Asia then only he can be rated better than Pietersen. If he can't for whatever be the reason, he can't be rated better than KP.
KP is rated entirely for his peak, but again, my comparision was based on KP debuting at 25 and Stokes since turning that age instead of basing it upon the number of tests played

This is the logical discontinuity I mentioned earlier, Stokes haven't had the need to bowl that much and that's why his bowling WPM isn't high, it's not an inability to take wickets, his strike rate has been 55 which is good too, it's just that the captain doesn't ask him to bowl much because there are always three pacers ahead of him, the same thing would happen to any good pace bowling all rounder if they played with a great pace attack.

Disagree, I'd probably take a 35/30 all rounder over KP tbh, a 37/29 is a easy choice.

Coronis

International Coach
KP is rated entirely for his peak, but again, my comparision was based on KP debuting at 25 and Stokes since turning that age instead of basing it upon the number of tests played

This is the logical discontinuity I mentioned earlier, Stokes haven't had the need to bowl that much and that's why his bowling WPM isn't high, it's not an inability to take wickets, his strike rate has been 55 which is good too, it's just that the captain doesn't ask him to bowl much because there are always three pacers ahead of him, the same thing would happen to any good pace bowling all rounder if they played with a great pace attack.

Disagree, I'd probably take a 35/30 all rounder over KP tbh, a 37/29 is a easy choice.
He is the captain tho. Blame him