• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh Tour of Pakistan- Test Series

govinda indian fan

U19 12th Man
I fear the worst tomorrow given how much help the pitch is offering. The previous test notwithstanding, we've batted at 00s level a lot of the time in recent years and if there's some purchase on offer for seam and spin (as per Warney's "if it seams it spins" maxim) we might be screwed.
Dont worry pakistan are missing shaheen and naseem their two best pacers so you guys do have chance provided you bat decently

cricman

International 12th Man
Should be interesting how both sides react to pressure from both the scoreboard and weather forecast. Pakistan need to win, while Bangladesh don't need to win but can't afford to lose.

Aritro

International Regular
Ah yes, it begins. The ball threatens to move more than a fraction of a degree off its axis and our boys are all at sea

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not a good start from Bangladesh. Also shows how much they let Pakistan get away with in the first session yesterday.

Howe_zat

Audio File
All Bangladesh had to do was not get completely rolled, but here we are.

44 needed to avoid the follow on...

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
mehidy at 8 in the subcontinent is such a cheatcode. He's like a mini jadeja circa ~2018 when he first stopped being a "I have 3 first class triple hundreds" meme with the bat.

Howe_zat

Audio File
mehidy at 8 in the subcontinent is such a cheatcode. He's like a mini jadeja circa ~2018 when he first stopped being a "I have 3 first class triple hundreds" meme with the bat.
He's threatened to do it for a while but never really delivered until the last couple of years. That had been easy to put down to just the fixture list (a bit of Ireland and Afghanistan matches, plus SL at home) but as much trouble as Pakistan have had lately it's hard to get much tougher than coming in at 20/6 away, so it's starting to look more like a proper breakthrough.

Aritro

International Regular
It's in the range of 35 over the past 2 years. He's improved leaps and bounds with the bat across all 3 formats.
After a dreadful away series in the West Indies in 2022, he's put up these numbers in the last 10 tests so I may have to think about re-evaluating my "sub-all rounder but better than a normal tailender level batsman" assessment of him from earlier in this thread. Late order not outs obviously a factor.

1725176629253.png

But in my head, the "decent batsman" phase of his career starts after he made his first ton, followed by a 50, when we resumed playing tests in 2021 post-COVID. The overall numbers in that time are more in line with my assessment:

1725176839567.png

Either way, I would not be in a rush to bat him anywhere near the top 6 yet. Pretty happy to have him coming in as a cheat code 8 (as per the Deshi tradition of gun number 8s coming in after a dismal top 7)

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
After a dreadful away series in the West Indies in 2022, he's put up these numbers in the last 10 tests so I may have to think about re-evaluating my "sub-all rounder but better than a normal tailender level batsman" assessment of him from earlier in this thread. Late order not outs obviously a factor.

View attachment 41470

But in my head, the "decent batsman" phase of his career starts after he made his first ton, followed by a 50, when we resumed playing tests after a long COVID hiatus in 2021. The overall numbers in that time are more in line with my assessment:

View attachment 41471

Either way, I would not be in a rush to bat him anywhere near the top 6 yet. Pretty happy to have him coming in as a cheat code 8 (as per the Deshi tradition of gun number 8s coming in after a dismal top 7)
He might be better than some of the actual bats soon though. Maybe he should be batting 6 with some other cheat code top order batsman at 8.