• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

King Kane

International Debutant
He didn’t set the world alight in The Ashes but came out with a decent average and a couple of key innings. Not sure anyone in the England side is looking to play like Boycott or Tavare.
Boycott and Tavare wouldn't have fitted in with the new Bazball age but they were old fashioned openers like I was as a young batsmen.

I wanted to be an exciting batsmen like Botham, Gower or Brook but I was a stodgy opener that could stick around and wear down the bowlers

I could block and leave with the best of them.

King Kane

International Debutant
This was the first test I went to as a youngster, Tavare put on a slow scoring opener clinic with an 89 off 337 balls in the first innings.

That was the infamous test where Terry Alderman busted his shoulder trying to tackle some English yobs that ran on to the field.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Boycott and Tavare wouldn't have fitted in with the new Bazball age but they were old fashioned openers like I was as a young batsmen.

I wanted to be an exciting batsmen like Botham, Gower or Brook but I was a stodgy opener that could stick around and wear down the bowlers

I could block and leave with the best of them.
Can't tell if your playing real deep into the kane williamson role play or giving your life story. Well played.