• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

King Kane

International Debutant
Sri Lanka would be fancying their chances of another wicket bowling to Brook, he's a good limited overs batsmen but is still suspect in tests.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
This is codswallop. He scored a million runs reversing in SL and India in 2021
THANK YOU. Root has always been a prolific sweeper. Test runs with the reverse and conventional sweep are him and daylight (for games we have ball by ball data). He put it away for one innings in india when he got that slow hundred, but outside of that he always uses it.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
This is codswallop. He scored a million runs reversing in SL and India in 2021
THANK YOU. Root has always been a prolific sweeper. Test runs with the reverse and conventional sweep are him and daylight (for games we have ball by ball data). He put it away for one innings in india when he got that slow hundred, but outside of that he always uses it.
He may be the best in the business at the shot but should he be playing it during a small run chase?

King Kane

International Debutant
So far in his test career,Brook has done well.
He might have done well but his technique is still suspect, neither was McCullum's though and he still did alright.

Good hand eye coordination can make up for a bad technique but bowlers would fancy their chances against him.

King Kane

International Debutant
This is not reflective of his career to date…
I know Brook has done alright so far in his test career and he is good to watch with the way he takes the game on.

I'm just staying that his technique is suspect against good test quality bowling, he doesn't play copybook defence like Geoff Boycott or Chris Tavare.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Carrying on sweeping is exactly the right shot of Jayasuriya is going to keep lobbing it down leg from left arm over.

He needs to change line or go round. No danger otherwise

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I know Brook has done alright so far in his test career and he is good to watch with the way he takes the game on.

I'm just staying that his technique is suspect against good test quality bowling, he doesn't play copybook defence like Geoff Boycott or Chris Tavare.
He didn’t set the world alight in The Ashes but came out with a decent average and a couple of key innings. Not sure anyone in the England side is looking to play like Boycott or Tavare.