• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England vs Sri Lanka 21st August-10th September 2024

chris.hinton

International Captain
Sri Lanka have really let themselves down in this test. Just some really poor stuff already in the 3 days play

And England haven't really had to excel to win this test (We will win the test)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah you guys are right I should apologise for being interested in this match immediately
'tis somewhat exhausting. & clearly a comfortable England win looks on the cards but to your earlier point we were about 100-4 with Root out yesterday.

What I am about to say should not be news to anyone who posts on a cricket forum. In red ball cricket, class shows more often than not because the length of the game means that periods of being on top, one-off partnerships etc, won't get you over the line. There are of course exceptions to this like Headingley 2019. But ultimately, I don't think anyone would dispute that England are on paper a class above Sri Lanka and that appears to be coming to fruition. But if sports were just about where you land and not how you got there, all we'd ever do would be look up the result afterwards.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Wood first ball and eventually it’s given by reifell

said it would be interesting when wood arrived but not first ball :laugh: