• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to India in Australia 2024-25

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Hell no Mukesh or Prasidh.

Let's take these 6 pacers on tour (in order)

1) Bumrah
2) Shami
3) Siraj
4) Akashdeep
5) Harshiit Rana
6) Arshdeep Singh

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Nitish Reddy has to be there. He will be more useful in Perth where he can be used as a 4th quick. Duleep Trophy will be critical for him.

Not sure Mayank even plays 4 day cricket for Delhi. He should be eased into T20 and ODI cricket first. I get the temptation to unleash him but he isn't ready to bowl 15 overs a day let's be honest.
From Delhi Harshit Rana and even Himanshu Chauhan are picked in Duleep Trophy. Both have pace and bounce for those conditions.
Also Kaverappa might be rewarded for his consistency for India A and Karnataka.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Delhi has some promising quicks Mayank H Rana Simarjeet and this Himanshu kid is special too. Tall fast and bouncy and has good Ranji Trophy numbers.
Ultimate Dark horse if he does well in Duleep Trophy.

GirthQuake

School Boy/Girl Captain
The series would be decided not on the expected performance from players but the outlier performances.

India won the last two series because of outlier performances from their players such Pant, Gill, Pujara etc.

Outlier could also be in terms of under performance like Lyon, Smith etc.

Improbable that we'd have this alignment of outlier (over and under) performances in India's favor for the 3rd time in a row.

1. If both teams perform within the range of their averages - AUS wins

2. If both teams have similar over/under performance outliers - AUS wins

3. If India has outlier over performance and AUS has outlier under performances - IND wins

4. If India has outlier over performance and AUS performs within their average range - competitive series that could go either way

This is also known as home advantage.

Last edited:

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Dodgy pitches like we saw vs SA in Gabba or helpful pitch like vs Pak in Perth will bring India into play big time.
I feel their batting is touch superior than Australia ability wise & could prevail in a low scoring shoot out.
Australia's best bet would be to produce pitches that are 400-500 tracks & bank on their bowlers.
Indian batters these days are not known for too much patience and inns building.
250-300 type games suit them more overseas.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Dodgy pitches like we saw vs SA in Gabba or helpful pitch like vs Pak in Perth will bring India into play big time.
I feel their batting is touch superior than Australia ability wise & could prevail in a low scoring shoot out.
Australia's best bet would be to produce pitches that are 400-500 tracks & bank on their bowlers.
Indian batters these days are not known for too much patience and inns building.
The batting 1v1 is really what worries me as an Aussie fan. Rohit has been gun away opening the past few years, kohli is back in test form and always does well over here, pant loves it over here, and jadeja + gill did really well last time you guys toured. I'm a bit worried about jaiswal given how he went in SA and not sure how sarfaraz/rahul will handle the extra bounce, but those minor gripes are really small compared to Australia. Usman has regressed after a few years of good form, marnus has been averaging 35 for ages, smith was already out of form and is now opening, head can't buy a run, and jadeja is a much stronger #7 than carey.

Only positives on recent forms are green and marsh, and maybe head coming back into form, and most people in the general public/in the media seem to want smith back to 4, which ruins atleast one of those.

Sunil1z

International Regular
You are saying this about Indian batting after recent IND-ENG series.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, Indian batsmen are definitely better at batting long than ours, especially with Smith apparently in terminal decline. What we really need are our traditional hard, bouncy pitches without much sideways movement. The were good at getting visiting batsmen, especially from the subcontinent, due to their extra bounce, but befuddled visiting bowlers due to the general lack of swing or spin. India's attack are better at moving the ball both in the air and off the deck than ours, but ours is taller.

Last edited:

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
The batting 1v1 is really what worries me as an Aussie fan. Rohit has been gun away opening the past few years, kohli is back in test form and always does well over here, pant loves it over here, and jadeja + gill did really well last time you guys toured. I'm a bit worried about jaiswal given how he went in SA and not sure how sarfaraz/rahul will handle the extra bounce, but those minor gripes are really small compared to Australia. Usman has regressed after a few years of good form, marnus has been averaging 35 for ages, smith was already out of form and is now opening, head can't buy a run, and jadeja is a much stronger #7 than carey.

Only positives on recent forms are green and marsh, and maybe head coming back into form, and most people in the general public/in the media seem to want smith back to 4, which ruins atleast one of those.
Uzzie is surely on his last legs as a top level international opener. I feel his reflexes have slowed down a lot after seeing him last summer. This could be his final series looking at the bowling attack he will face.

Mitchell Marsh is a interesting case. His ultra aggressive approach worked last summer but can he do it against a much tougher attack.
Green is most suited and currently Australia's best batsman based on current form along with Head & Carey showed signs of being back in the runs in NZ (at last)
Not sold on Smudge as opener and Marnus is mostly painful to watch these days.

Jaiswal played on 2 dodgy test surfaces in SA. So not a ideal way to judge him where everyone struggled. Newlands was too much to deal with for everyone.
He will be Tested in Perth the most.

Rahul has batted well in SA in Centurion on a tough pitch also scored a ton in Middle order. Has the technique to do well in his new role.

Not sold on Sarfaraz in Australia. Even Jurel seems to have better tools to succeed there than him.
Jadeja is 35 so his best days are behind him as well.
India would do well to pick a fast bowling all rounder like Nitish Reddy for Perth test.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
You are saying this about Indian batting after recent IND-ENG series.
Where Jaiswal was doing bulk of scoring along with contribution of newbies like Sarfraz Jurel.
Gill's first good test series.

Kohli Rahul Rohit all three will play in Australia & we know Kohli Rahul didn't had a monster series in a long time.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Why are we acting like marsh hasn't made runs against tough attacks since his comeback? Broad-Anderson-woakes-wood in england is a phenomenal attack given wood decided to take wickets at home for once.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Australian supporters would know better but last time I saw so many Aussie cricketers hyped about a Home series was 2013 or 2006/07 Ashes .

Spark

Global Moderator
Australian supporters would know better but last time I saw so many Aussie cricketers hyped about a Home series was 2013 or 2006/07 Ashes .
2013/14 Ashes wasn't really hyped tbh, people actually had fairly low expectations going in. If anything 10/11 was more hyped and that turned into an abject catastrophe.

No one expected Johnson to do what he did, except maybe Clarke who had one of those inexplicable episodes of clairvoyance that he occasionally got. That all changed after two days of cricket of course.