• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of the West Indies, AUGUST 6th to 26th, 2024-- 2 TESTS & 3 T20Is

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Lol I just turned this on and was going to ask exactly the same thing.
Helpful conditions, brilliant bowling from Shamar, Seales, Burger and Mulder in particular and two pretty ropey batting line ups (with ours being extra ropey).

West Indies lowered their intensity for around an hour, the last wicket put on 60 and that will likely prove crucial.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Even by Duke's standards, the ball hardly seemed to age.
I think there are some runs to be made here, conditions seem oppressive for the quicks, the fitness of Joseph could be a concern if tested, and the outfield is positively rapid compared to Trinidad. Not sure if either team will support the above assertion but there were a couple times today where South Africa could have kicked on and even the likes of Carty gave it away after getting in.

Bolo.

International Captain
I think there are some runs to be made here, conditions seem oppressive for the quicks, the fitness of Joseph could be a concern if tested, and the outfield is positively rapid compared to Trinidad. Not sure if either team will support the above assertion but there were a couple times today where South Africa could have kicked on and even the likes of Carty gave it away after getting in.
I'm not sure that there are runs to be made by these batting units against these bowlers. We will need to see the ball moving a lot less or the bowlers breaking down. Pitch and outfield are both fair. There were a couple of give it away wickets, but not anything unusual. And I think the RSA bats in particular got a bit more luck than is usual.

Anyway, these things can shift across innings. Hope you are right. As much as I love bowler dominant tests, it would be nice to see some runs from these two teams. And I would like the opportunity to see a bit more of the game. The schedule is less than ideal for me.

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
Helpful conditions, brilliant bowling from Shamar, Seales, Burger and Mulder in particular and two pretty ropey batting line ups (with ours being extra ropey).

West Indies lowered their intensity for around an hour, the last wicket put on 60 and that will likely prove crucial.
Maybe it's time to see at international level in tests Mulder as a bowling allrounder batting 7 or 8 if he comes off consistently than he can move up to 5 or 6 and than a batting allrounder if not and he continues to bowl well than he may turn out to be a decent bowling allrounder atleast in redball cricket.

WpGuy

U19 Cricketer
I'm not sure that there are runs to be made by these batting units against these bowlers. We will need to see the ball moving a lot less or the bowlers breaking down. Pitch and outfield are both fair. There were a couple of give it away wickets, but not anything unusual. And I think the RSA bats in particular got a bit more luck than is usual.

Anyway, these things can shift across innings. Hope you are right. As much as I love bowler dominant tests, it would be nice to see some runs from these two teams. And I would like the opportunity to see a bit more of the game. The schedule is less than ideal for me.
If Sa can limit WI to evens or any lead and score 250 or more going to be hard for wi to win no matter how many days left.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Costly drop by Markram. South Africa may have no lead now. Holder is set and Joseph is a Boult like number 11.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Oh ffs another drop why do fielding sides lose their **** these days when batsmen come hard at them ? You should actually be more alert when guys are swinging

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
That cover drive is way too good for a #11. This isn't murali just backing away and slogging every ball. Shamar could genuinely be an ashton agar level bat if he works on his batting I reckon.