• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2024/25

Skipper Pup

U19 Cricketer
It's a clown show. Just appointed a new manager and they're talking about not addressing the biggest weaknesses in the squad. We are the only team in Europe's top five leagues that hasn't made a single signing.

Don't get me wrong it's a strong squad but it is negligent to leave a new manager out to dry like this. Thiago and Matip just left and they still haven't replaced Fabinho. We have one player capable of playing left-sided centre back and one senior right winger in the squad. Michael Edwards gets a ton of credit for his moneyball data approach and yet his team can't identify anyone in their entire scouting network that would improve our depth or starting XI.

That's before we even get to the contract situations with VVD, Salah and TAA. All three are heading out the door for free. For a moneyball approach that is a complete disaster.

I don't entirely blame Edwards/Hughes (DoF) for the contract situations coming to this but they've both been in role for at least 5 months and been unable to progress any of those extensions. We've been fed propaganda that they are more focused on the transfer window and incomings, which is quite clearly nonsense given we're a week away from the season starting without any new faces in the squad.

LFC fans should have cottoned on by now that we're about to see three of our greatest players of all time walk out the door (including our current and future club captains) and we're being fed lies to celebrate this responsible structure and 'sustainability'. Reports are coming out now that this will be Alisson's last season at the club too. No player or agent worth his salt would buy that this project is legitimately showing ambition or wants to compete with City and Arsenal, that goes for both recruitment and retention. VVD has even implied as much in recent interviews.

Lots of people in the past put the blame on Klopp not being ruthless enough and showing too much loyalty but its becoming abundantly clear that the entire structure and approach set above the manager is rotten and needs a shake up.

It's not all doom and gloom - we should still finish 3rd comfortably but it just irritates me that this off-field stuff has ruined our preseason momentum and makes the long term look incredibly bleak.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Man Utd v Fulham tonight

sort of game Man Utd should comfortably win if they want a top four finish this season

though Fulham won 2-1 at Old Trafford a few months back

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So I know there has been some slacking in the ABU thoughts, not from me mind, but other lightweights. Yet Surely Ratcliffe and his utterances should get people back on board the hate train, unless they regularly **** to a pic of Farage drinking an ale.