• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of the West Indies, AUGUST 6th to 26th, 2024-- 2 TESTS & 3 T20Is

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
That was one of the worst session performances I've seen for a long time lol.

Insipid batting, seriously ordinary new ball bowling by Roach, bad wicket keeping by Josh, a dropped catch, a spinner wasting the new ball.

These guys really make it hard to support them sometimes!

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was one of the worst session performances I've seen for a long time lol.

Insipid batting, seriously ordinary new ball bowling by Roach, bad wicket keeping by Josh, a dropped catch, a spinner wasting the new ball.

These guys really make it hard to support them sometimes!
They are simply mirroring the melancholy that is the TT weather.

Glad that I’m not watching it…instead, I got some joy from watching USA beating France in the Olympics

CartyDurham

International Captain
This series is on TNT Sports in the uk which I don’t subscribe to

I really enjoyed watching test series in the West Indies over the years , though it was usually pain when England tour

one of my favourite series was West Indies v Australia when Lara used to bat for what seemed like forever to win games

I also remember watching when South Africa were re admitted into the test arena and looked like winning their first test in the West Indies until Curtly iirc bowled them out in a morning or so

Beamer

This series is on TNT Sports in the uk which I don’t subscribe to

I really enjoyed watching test series in the West Indies over the years , though it was usually pain when England tour

one of my favourite series was West Indies v Australia when Lara used to bat for what seemed like forever to win games

I also remember watching when South Africa were re admitted into the test arena and looked like winning their first test in the West Indies until Curtly iirc bowled them out in a morning or so
In those days it was in April so you could watch it just before England's home season as well. Pretty much perfect. It does feel surreal for our home season to start in August.

Beamer

They are simply mirroring the melancholy that is the TT weather.

Glad that I’m not watching it…instead, I got some joy from watching USA beating France in the Olympics
I'm genuinely close to giving up on this test side tbh. I'm just not enjoying watching them anymore, it's not a brand of cricket I identify with at all. Our bowling is the only reason I've kept the faith over the last year or so. I might join you and watch something else.

SillyCowCorner1

I'm genuinely close to giving up on this test side tbh. I'm just not enjoying watching them anymore, it's not a brand of cricket I identify with at all. Our bowling is the only reason I've kept the faith over the last year or so. I might join you and watch something else.
This is has been completely lackluster with a sprinkling of miracle at times. We haven’t really controlled a test match in donkey years. If you look back at all of our wins in the last few years, they were miracles.

We are shiiiteeee and it seems like they are okay with this new norm. Feeble.

SillyCowCorner1

Lemme vent some more…

Starting with the coach and the support staff, what the **** are you guys doing behind the scenes? Are you that pus$y that you can’t state the obvious to our captains and his crew?

Man, I wish that I had the opportunity to coach/manage this team. I wanna demoralize them so bad.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Franchise cricket has not helped the West Indies and the way it’s going , a lot of other countries will be struggling in a few years time.

I’m just glad I saw most of the 70s until the early 2000s West Indies teams amongst others

Beamer

This is has been completely lackluster with a sprinkling of miracle at times. We haven’t really controlled a test match in donkey years. If you look back at all of our wins in the last few years, they were miracles.

We are shiiiteeee and it seems like they are okay with this new norm. Feeble.
This. Plus listening to coach Coley, he's asked to keep this group together because he feels there is too much chopping and changing. God help us if we have this batting lineup for the next year.

Even by our standards, this test has been horrendous.

Beamer

Lemme vent some more…

Starting with the coach and the support staff, what the **** are you guys doing behind the scenes? Are you that pus$y that you can’t state the obvious to our captains and his crew?

Man, I wish that I had the opportunity to coach/manage this team. I wanna demoralize them so bad.
100%. How can they watch this lackluster crap and not get annoyed? How are we supposed to win if we never show any initiative? Maharaj went at 1.4 per over for over 40 overs..... Seriously.

SillyCowCorner1

Franchise cricket has not helped the West Indies and the way it’s going , a lot of other countries will be struggling in a few years time.

I’m just glad I saw most of the 70s until the early 2000s West Indies teams amongst others
This was the first opportunist move at a West Indian that was down bad in the middle 2000s. Youths back then saw this as an easy way to make money by not test themselves…outside voices got into their heads and the rest is history. They all wanted to see West Indian flair and pay no attention to the decline. Easy money without the future in mind.

This caused a domino effect, which we are still feeling…like a massive earthquake felt and its aftershocks following.

I really wish I had some connections to communicate with CWI.

SillyCowCorner1

This. Plus listening to coach Coley, he's asked to keep this group together because he feels there is too much chopping and changing. God help us if we have this batting lineup for the next year.

Even by our standards, this test has been horrendous.
I get that Coach want to start with a whole new green team, but this isn’t ****ing JV. It seems like he wants to be coach of the academy team with this ****.

SillyCowCorner1

100%. How can they watch this lackluster crap and not get annoyed? How are we supposed to win if we never show any initiative? Maharaj went at 1.4 per over for over 40 overs..... Seriously.
And this is where I beg to ask what is the philosophy of this team? Is it similar to chickens without heads running around? Or they’ve stuck to blocking and creating a disadvantage to themselves. This pitch doesn’t have insidious demons on it. Apply yourselves bro, you are professionals.

Beamer

I get that Coach want to start with a whole new green team, but this isn’t ****ing JV. It seems like he wants to be coach of the academy team with this ****.
If he insists on keeping this group together, then at least play with more intent.

Kraigg looked ten times better when scoring those quick 50s in England and it set the tone. We were scoring at 3.5 to 4 per over.

Beamer

And this is where I beg to ask what is the philosophy of this team? Is it similar to chickens without heads running around? Or they’ve stuck to blocking and creating a disadvantage to themselves. This pitch doesn’t have insidious demons on it. Apply yourselves bro, you are professionals.
And learn that applying themselves doesn't have to be 20 of 90 balls, patting back half volleys. I'm still not sure what Hodge was doing today, he just went nowhere.

SillyCowCorner1

And learn that applying themselves doesn't have to be 20 of 90 balls, patting back half volleys. I'm still not sure what Hodge was doing today, he just went nowhere.
I know the answer here. Looking good in your batting…prancing around without any forward movement. I hate this. Take initiative brother. A player going into a shell when there is no real danger apparent signals a sense of submission

SillyCowCorner1

I’m speaking from a position of what? I am from Berbice, we are old school…we produced decent cricketers. The coach of Guyana Harpy Eagles is from my neighboring village.
Guyana Harpy Eagles dominated the FC scene in the past decade or so. We have the formula