• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of the West Indies, AUGUST 6th to 26th, 2024-- 2 TESTS & 3 T20Is

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I prefer the grind batting mixed with a few hitters as all teams always had and good contest between bat and ball weather a seekers wicket or spinners, we already have 50 overs t20 and the 100, to slog.
This. It's about balance. We have a team of plodders who can't even turn over the strike.

Our batting here has been meek and pathetic, no other words for it. If there were even 3 days full play here we would lose. I don't think it's good enough at home. It's one thing at Lords with no practice. There's no excuse to be made here.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This. It's about balance. We have a team of plodders who can't even turn over the strike.

Our batting here has been meek and pathetic, no other words for it. If there were even 3 days full play here we would lose. I don't think it's good enough at home. It's one thing at Lords with no practice. There's no excuse to be made here.
Sometimes you have to admit that you are ****

I don’t know what these test players do in their spare time…but back in my day, there was more hunger among players. Training 7 days a week. You want to be the best, show some fight.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Sometimes the third innings of the game can be one which turns the match on its head

I hope for the West Indies sake it happens during this test