• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Molehill

International Captain
Not a lot between the top 4 in the Women's Track Sprint with all of them going ahead of the existing WR, Finucane 2nd quickest and Andrews 3rd.

Carlin v Lavreysen now in the semis, be surprised if the Dutch rider didn't win 2 zip.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only came on to see if you’d ensured the UK rider’s defeat by calling her favourite. Disappointing tstl

Molehill

International Captain
Only came on to see if you’d ensured the UK rider’s defeat by calling her favourite. Disappointing tstl
I think she would've been favourite if she hadn't done a couple of events already, but doesn't seem as fresh. Looks wide open.

The Men's has looked like Lavreysen v Richardson from the very start (were the two quickest qualifiers). If it helps, I'd probably go with the Dutch over the Aussie.....

Spark

Global Moderator
Love the camaraderie between competitors and teams too - they were all kind of helping each other plan how to get up it.
Seems to be a very common theme across a lot of the "smaller" sports - kayakers etc - I suspect the lack of funding means there's a lot more relying on your fellow competitors to get by when you're tour and competing; probably a lot of sharing hotel rooms, training sessions etc

Spikey

Madison Keeney killed it in all her rounds of competition, a very deserved silver medal. Even got the highest scoring dive but Chen Yiwen just had such a high floor on all her dives

Molehill

International Captain
Seems to be a very common theme across a lot of the "smaller" sports - kayakers etc - I suspect the lack of funding means there's a lot more relying on your fellow competitors to get by when you're tour and competing; probably a lot of sharing hotel rooms, training sessions etc
True, half the BMXers seemed to be sharing hotel rooms at these Olympics!!

Spark

Global Moderator
Great effort by the Aus diver getting the highest place that's actually achievable by mere mortals

Spikey

She was a clear second throughout the whole comp and her last two dives were constantly something special, but you just can't have one medicore dive. Chang Yani, in 3rd, had a similar problem