• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I felt like Elleese Andrews kinda came from nowhere with her performance in Tokyo (might just be my lack of track cycling knowledge), but she's just kept getting better and better ever since.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I felt like Elleese Andrews kinda came from nowhere with her performance in Tokyo (might just be my lack of track cycling knowledge), but she's just kept getting better and better ever since.
She's an outside chance to medal in the individual sprint. Would be a bronze at best though. Either way, amazing games for her and the women's track team.

Molehill

International Captain
She's an outside chance to medal in the individual sprint. Would be a bronze at best though. Either way, amazing games for her and the women's track team.
Yeah, I think the sprint should favour Finucane more. There was a fair bit of analysis done on that Keirin Final ride by Chris Hoy here (who knew a thing or two about Keirins) and pointed out where Finucane got it wrong and Andrews nailed it. Finucane either needed to attack early and grab that inside spot or wait longer, she did neither.

Molehill

International Captain
Maybe a little bit of inexperience from Finucane as well, but there's no shame in that
Yeah, undoubtedly. My one concern for her in the sprint is that she's now done Team Sprint and Keirin, what will her legs have left? It was noticeable that bar the Elimination race yesterday, Hayter seemed lacklustre in the Omnium.

Women's Madison today in which we have our World Champions (Barker & Evans) going. It's another that can be somewhat of a lottery but they must have medal potential.

Men's sprint looks like heading for a showdown between Lavreysen and Richardson........too tight to call this one but should be a cracker.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Gotta say, was surprised that Jack Carlin got the benefit of judges doubt in the deciding race with Ota yesterday. Moved out of the sprint lane and clipped Ota's wheel just as he was starting to accelerate.

Molehill

International Captain
Gotta say, was surprised that Jack Carlin got the benefit of judges doubt in the deciding race with Ota yesterday. Moved out of the sprint lane and clipped Ota's wheel just as he was starting to accelerate.
I presume it was evened up by Ota causing trouble earlier on in the sprint. Having said that, someone else also did what Calin did and wasn't penalised either.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jayzus, not even close. Carrington just utterly dominant. Will take some effort from Fisher to keep her from picking up her 8th gold tomorrow.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Make that seven. Never thought I'd see a NZ Olympian get up to that sort of number.
One more to draw level with Birgit Fischer as most decorated Olympic kayaker (though Fischer has more silver) edit: noting that Fischer went to every olympics from 1980-2000 except 1984.