• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of the West Indies, AUGUST 6th to 26th, 2024-- 2 TESTS & 3 T20Is

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like our batters are doing a fine job against the Saffers. 306/6 and still going.

Joshua Bishop and Shamar Springer with a solid lower-order partnership for the 7th wicket.

SillyCowCorner1

Earlier, Jeremy Solozano made 111 opening the batting.

Solozano is the guy who got injured in his debut match when fielding at short-leg and was hit on the helmet...ruled out with a concussion.

SillyCowCorner1

Another thing to consider is these two guys in the middle at the moment are from the Academy team. Bishop just brought up his half-century while Springer is in the nervous 90s.

SillyCowCorner1

And just like that, plumb LBW for Joshua Bishop. He goes for 51...344/7 after 104 overs.

Roach in at number 9 to join his fellow Bajan

SillyCowCorner1

And there it is, Shamar Springer brings up his century with a crisp drive on the up to the cover boundary. Runs are flowing.

SillyCowCorner1

One aspect I've observed about Springer in this innings is his effective use of the sweep shot against the spinners, a technique not commonly employed by many of our senior batsmen.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One single innings. That's not the start of an experiment. Barely lit the bunsen burner at this stage.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was Markram retired injured an actual injury or a retired out to let the next batter in?

SillyCowCorner1

CWI have announced the test squad,

Kraigg Brathwaite (Captain)
Joshua Da Silva (Vice-Captain)
Alick Athanaze
Keacy Carty (IN)
Bryan Charles (IN)
Justin Greaves (IN)
Jason Holder
Kavem Hodge
Tevin Imlach
Shamar Joseph
Mikyle Louis
Gudakesh Motie
Kemar Roach (IN)
Jayden Seales
Jomel Warrican (IN)

OUT: Alzarri, McCaskie, Akeem, Kirk, Sinclair

Warrican finds a way back into the team.

SillyCowCorner1

CWI scorecard said retired injured but he didn't hobble off or anything like that. So I'm not sure.
The methods of dismissals are often clear. In these types of matches, when a batsman looks good out there, they'd retire. If the cricket sites are not reporting this, then he just went off after a sublime knock. Give the other batters time out in the middle.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
CWI have announced the test squad,

Kraigg Brathwaite (Captain)
Joshua Da Silva (Vice-Captain)
Alick Athanaze
Keacy Carty (IN)
Bryan Charles (IN)
Justin Greaves (IN)
Jason Holder
Kavem Hodge
Tevin Imlach
Shamar Joseph
Mikyle Louis
Gudakesh Motie
Kemar Roach (IN)
Jayden Seales
Jomel Warrican (IN)

OUT: Alzarri, McCaskie, Akeem, Kirk, Sinclair

Warrican finds a way back into the team.
So essentially they've decided they don't need a back up opener. Considering how poor McCaskie is, I agree.

Shall we assume Greaves is back up for Holder? Otherwise I'm not quite sure how he would get in either.

I can only think they decided they might need a third spinner, otherwise it's utterly bizarre that Warrican is back.

Otherwise it's pretty sensible, Carty isn't a terrible choice in the circumstances.

SillyCowCorner1

So essentially they've decided they don't need a back up opener. Considering how poor McCaskie is, I agree.

Shall we assume Greaves is back up for Holder? Otherwise I'm not quite sure how he would get in either.

I can only think they decided they might need a third spinner, otherwise it's utterly bizarre that Warrican is back.

Otherwise it's pretty sensible, Carty isn't a terrible choice in the circumstances.
Mikyle is in for the long run. Imlach can easily fill in as an opener...or Joshua opens and Imlach keeps. Imlach is a better athlete though and is better in the field.
The number of right-handers in SA team might have forced them to go with a seasoned SLA. Motie alone can handle them with Bryan Charles at the other end.

I also think that Greaves will miss out.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Doesn't look like breetzke is going to play much if they are letting keshav bat ahead of him.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Practice games that aren't even FC are a complete waste of time. Players I don't even think really take them seriously.

Seeing all the retired outs and having 10 bowlers is just ridiculous.

Actual FC practice games are surely a better thing for touring sides than giving everyone time in a glorified net.