• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Should be another good race between NZ and USA in the final. But all three of US, GB and NZ with very close times in those rounds.

Ali TT

International Regular
The 49yo South African boarder with the grey beard and ponytail is the stereotype of Gen X, especially as his "interesting fact" is that he once fought a jaguar (I assume cat not car, although not specified). Won't be progressing though

shortpitched713

International Captain
Based on this article it seems likely Russia created the Khelif controversy to derail the games. They even chose an Algerian boxer for maximum social impact in France.

Yeah, the whole controversy was always dumb, and racist. This **** needs to be sorted so that African athletes aren't simply facing discriminatory abuse for years to come. It's honestly disgusting.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Just watching the race walking, and when they showed a slo-mo, it appeared a number of them were breaking the rules.

Glenda Morejon from Ecuador has been jogging most of the way.
A longstanding reason as to why this is literally the worst event in the Olympics. 100% of events are this way.

(Although equestrian events need to give medals for horses, and I refuse to watch any of them until they get comically oversized ribbons to place them around their necks. Justice for horseys!)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surely this **** on the motor bike at the velodrome has this won
I wouldn't be so sure. The bloke on rollerblades at the walking event earlier today ****ed up and didn't even medal.

He was probably the only person there keeping one foot in contact with the ground at all times. Completely robbed.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Folks the germany france handball match had an insane ending
The end to extra time was also insane!

France led by 2 goals with 10 secs left in the game, conceded one goal, and then despite having the ball at the reset, lost possession and conceded another goal at the buzzer to send it to ET

ripper868

International Coach
Sailing gold in huge winds of 3.5 knots. BBC commentator took great pains to remind viewers about 45 times that the British rep would slip to 6th unless they put on an outboard motor or swam.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
I haven't paid too much attention to it, but it sounds like in general the sailing has been hit by a massive lack of wind the whole games

Ali TT

International Regular
No final for our adopted American skateboarder but he did well for a 51yo. His interview worth watching, a real love for his sport and its place at the Olympics.

Molehill

International Captain
I haven't paid too much attention to it, but it sounds like in general the sailing has been hit by a massive lack of wind the whole games
Said British sailor would have had a bronze but they abandoned the Medal Race with one leg to go as the winds dropped. Of course he then screwed up on the race that did then count.

Sailing has been atrocious. The formats stink on some races (eg Windsurfing), whilst lack of winds has meant less than half the races have actually been completed. I don't know if this is out of the norm or could have been predicted, but either way, it's been one real failing of these games.

I'm not sure what happened yesterday, but in one race about 8 of them got a DNS against their names.

Was there nowhere closer to Paris that could've done the Sailing?

ripper868

International Coach
Skateboarding final has been great, BBC commentary way over the top and has put the knocker on every boarder "looks like a gold run...crash"

Molehill

International Captain
Australia look nailed on for 3rd place in the Medal Table - GB fighting it out with the French, Japanese and Koreans for 4th.

Aussies turning a far greater proportion of their medals into Golds being key.