• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Molehill

International Captain
No!!!

Every day I've been hanging on the @Molehill "the Brit probably starts slight favourite" kiss of death which delivers them nothing and us more gold. You've been like me in the NRL tipping comp.

Stop this talking up of anyone else's chances immediately!
I highlighted this one as I thought the bookies had it horribly wrong. Be amazed if GB turn round the 2 second difference in the Final.

Starting to think if GB win any more golds it will have the name Finucane attached to it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do the Chinese just eradicate any diver who isn’t perfect at their craft? It’s like they’re just guaranteed 1-2 in every category. Incredible

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
No!!!

Every day I've been hanging on the @Molehill "the Brit probably starts slight favourite" kiss of death which delivers them nothing and us more gold. You've been like me in the NRL tipping comp.

Stop this talking up of anyone else's chances immediately!
Molehill's best work comes in Rugby world cups. Bad news is we gotta wait another 3 years before we're good to go.

''I can't see the All Blacks beating Ireland''.....YESSSS!!

Spikey

Indonesia was 6 tenths of a second away from a certain sliver at worse and instead their competitors finish 4th and 5th. oof.

ripper868

International Coach
Indonesia was 6 tenths of a second away from a certain sliver at worse and instead their competitors finish 4th and 5th. oof.
Yep brutal - also the polish girl who went out in the semi vs the other polish girl was quicker than both of the other semi-finalists. If it was a time based comp it'd be 1-2 for Poland.

Burgey

Lol that young Aussie bloke just smashed a crazy skate board routine with a stack of awesome twists and turns then hopped off his board and tripped as he walked off the course afterwards

Spikey

Skateboarding has honestly been a surprise highlight for me. Didn’t think I’d like it but it’s brilliant. Love the way they are all genuinely supportive of and happy for each other. It’s fantastic
i was right i tell yas I was right

there's two skateboarding events and I think the park skateboarding event is what people are expecting when they hear skateboarding at the Olympics
they should look at flipping the order around. do the park event first. but maybe there's some technical reason they can't

Spark

Global Moderator
Lmao I watched a replay of one of the kayak "sprint" heats; I say "sprint" because in a 1000m race both the top two were so far ahead by halfway that they basically both put the cue in the rack and were barely putting in a shift by the last 200m

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Just watching a couple of the sprinters and I suspect it’s the latter
Australians with lots of the world records so far, so highly likely

Unlike the Brits who set world records who are clearly just trying harder against the uncouth nature of the Dutch/Australians

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Not quite enough from the Team GB girls to get through to the final of the team pursuit, great effort though.

Ali TT

International Regular
A messy race, but entertaining. The camera work in the velodrome isn't great - prefer the split screen wide view than the close-ups.

Spark

Global Moderator
A messy race, but entertaining. The camera work in the velodrome isn't great - prefer the split screen wide view than the close-ups.
I feel like the on-screen graphics with the splits aren't great either. A lot of weird switching back and forth and delays in getting the right times up, and sometimes the splits don't show up at all