• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
Wow didnt expect that from hooker. Actually i thought nuguse had got the silver as he lunged past kerr on the line.
wot a race!

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
On somewhat of a tangent, it's stilly that all boxing scoring is almost always 10 - 9. What's the point in having a full set of numbers if you only use two of them.

Molehill

International Captain
Bronze in the boxing for Lewis Richardson but another debatable split decision.
Was listening on the radio, they were convinced he’d won. How 2 judges gave all 3 rounds to the Mexican sounds highly suspicious…..but not exactly surprising.

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
That news conference they held made the IBA look pretty shambolic. I can see why the IOC want
to be rid of boxing for the next olympics.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aussies break world record in semis (by a lot) and start huge favourites over GB in the final. Fantastic ride!!
No!!!

Every day I've been hanging on the @Molehill "the Brit probably starts slight favourite" kiss of death which delivers them nothing and us more gold. You've been like me in the NRL tipping comp.

Stop this talking up of anyone else's chances immediately!

Burgey

Was listening on the radio, they were convinced he’d won. How 2 judges gave all 3 rounds to the Mexican sounds highly suspicious…..but not exactly surprising.
Boxing is just so dodgy in general. Scoring so often ruins what is otherwise an epic sport.

Coronis

International Coach
Every boxing fight should just be til one fighter is knocked out or gives up. Remove the subjectivity. And also obviously let pro boxers compete in the olympics. This whole amateur pro thing still being a thing in sports is a joke.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Every boxing fight should just be til one fighter is knocked out or gives up. Remove the subjectivity. And also obviously let pro boxers compete in the olympics. This whole amateur pro thing still being a thing in sports is a joke.
Pros can compete in the Olympics but most choose not to

Niall

International Coach
Pros can compete in the Olympics but most choose not to
Yeah Jalolov dipping back into the Olympics to pick up an easy gold just feels a bit grubby.
Ferreira did similar but I suppose their is no money fights for her in the pros and she wanted revenge on Harrington so she gets a slight pass.

OverratedSanity

This is less than ideal. Within the context of everything that's happened to women's wrestling in India over the past few years, this is the thing I, and many others, badly wanted India to win. ****ing cruel.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

This is less than ideal. Within the context of everything that's happened to women's wrestling in India over the past few years, this is the thing I, and many others, badly wanted India to win. ****ing cruel.
How heavy is she if she can't even stand on the podium?

_Ed_

Aimee Fisher was super impressive in that heat. She could be a big threat to Carrington this time.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Just watching the race walking, and when they showed a slo-mo, it appeared a number of them were breaking the rules.

Glenda Morejon from Ecuador has been jogging most of the way.
It's a ****ing stupid sport. I mean, more than just keeping 1 foot on the ground at all times, you should also be required to keep your hands below your waist.