• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Andrew Gaze sounds like he’s been to the dentist and the anaesthetic hasn’t worn off

ripper868

International Coach
The technical rock climbing wall might be the least exciting piece of Olympics I've seen since...well dressage I guess.

Ali TT

International Regular
The park skateboarding is great and so wholesome in how earnestly the girls are cheering each other on.
Bronze again for Brown. Not bad after dislocating her shoulder. I wonder why this is such a teenage thing but perhaps as the falls accumulate as you get into your late teens, you start to flinch from the big tricks that get the big points.

Ali TT

International Regular
Also wondering if any folks suffering an injury playing football this weekend then ringing in sick to work on Monday e going to get little sympathy. If a sixteen years old can win a bronze a few days after dislocating a shoulder, you can sit at your desk at home.

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain
The Keirin is a slightly odd one as it requires a little bit of stamina and trackcraft as well, but for raw speed, I don't think anyone is getting near Finucane in the Sprint.

I had a quick look at bookies prices for other races. If anyone is interested, Australia are priced up at 5-2 for the Men's Pursuit having recorded the fastest time in qualification (0.3 faster than GB who are the 13-8 favourites). That price just looks wrong to me.
Aussies break world record in semis (by a lot) and start huge favourites over GB in the final. Fantastic ride!!

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
I think that the cameras are too intrusive in the athletics. Doesnt matter where they are, on the warmup track,
in the mixed zone, or when theyr sitting down having a break in the field events the cameras are in their faces,
no privacy no personal space at all to pick yor nose or scratch yor bum.

Meanwhile Sydneymac just jogged round the 400m hurdles, well it looked like that, even if her stride pattern
seemed off.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't believe we lost that game to Germany in the hockey semifinal. Had a chance in literally the last second. Heartbreaker .