• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Spark

Global Moderator
What a disappointing final leg. Can't help thinking doing the cycling on your own really takes its toll.
Yeah it's pretty clear that Lindemann benefitted massively from being able to sit on Knibb's wheel at that high pace

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Generally a few years behind other European countries in terms of development but popularity is exploding everywhere so will probably do so in UK
Nah.

The Premier League is one of the richest, most dominant sports leagues in the world and football is every bit as accessible as basketball to play casually (more so as there aren't physical barriers to entry the way there are in basketball.)

Spark

Global Moderator
You need better eyes than mine to tell the difference between 2nd and 3rd in that finish
Sounds like the US has actually gotten silver and GB bronze. I still have no idea on what basis they're determining this though, that looked as level as level can be.

Molehill

International Captain
What annoys me is how the BBC are lauding the Triathlon team as doing an incredible job in winning bronze, what a **** attitude. They ****ing blew it after their main rivals crashed.

Starting to wonder where else GB might actually win golds. Hodgkinson obviously tonight, and Finucane should hopefully be good for a couple in the track cycling. Whilst we have the favorite in the Canoe Slalom, that's somewhat of a lottery. Chances in 400m, 1500m and women's pole vault, but all have strong competition too.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah a substantial part of my enjoyment of these games has been not really caring whether an Australian is involved at all, hence why stuff like archery, shooting etc has been so good to watch.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah a substantial part of my enjoyment of these games has been not really caring whether an Australian is involved at all, hence why stuff like archery, shooting etc has been so good to watch.
Australians have a good record in shooting but I get your drift as I have quite enjoyed watching watching some random sports

Haven’t watched a second of gymnastics or equestrian

Spark

Global Moderator
Australians have a good record in shooting but I get your drift as I have quite enjoyed watching watching some random sports

Haven’t watched a second of gymnastics or equestrian
Biles was (is?) a must watch whenever she's on tbf. Some of the things she does feel like they shouldn't really be possible.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Biles was (is?) a must watch whenever she's on tbf. Some of the things she does feel like they shouldn't really be possible.
I really can't fathom someone who's 4'8" being able to jump 12 feet in the air. It still boggles my mind.

Son Of Coco

The umpire in the current Aus vs China women's hockey game clearly got given a brown envelope with the party stamp on it before the game.

This is not a goal.

Holy ****, they gave it.

This is corrupt.

The short corner decision that led to the even worse decision to award a goal was also really poor.

Ali TT

International Regular
What annoys me is how the BBC are lauding the Triathlon team as doing an incredible job in winning bronze, what a **** attitude. They ****ing blew it after their main rivals crashed.

Starting to wonder where else GB might actually win golds. Hodgkinson obviously tonight, and Finucane should hopefully be good for a couple in the track cycling. Whilst we have the favorite in the Canoe Slalom, that's somewhat of a lottery. Chances in 400m, 1500m and women's pole vault, but all have strong competition too.
Aren't the Germans world champions too? Not as if it was GB v France and everyone else chumps. There's a great deal of uncertainty and fortune in triathlon anyway, so I don't think there are many dead certs for medals.

RossTaylorsBox

The umpire in the current Aus vs China women's hockey game clearly got given a brown envelope with the party stamp on it before the game.

This is not a goal.

Holy ****, they gave it.

This is corrupt.

The short corner decision that led to the even worse decision to award a goal was also really poor.
Owned

Molehill

International Captain
Aren't the Germans world champions too? Not as if it was GB v France and everyone else chumps. There's a great deal of uncertainty and fortune in triathlon anyway, so I don't think there are many dead certs for medals.
3 GB athletes finished ahead of their German and US counterparts in the individual, the 4th GB athlete produced arguably the best leg. Just felt like an opportunity missed.

The cycling in the final leg turned out to be key.